Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Enough already!!! Three reasons why you will YOU will never use Strava [Hydrosloth] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Started using Strava this year to manage club activities. Helps to have a centralized place to post ride information, track member rsvps, etc.
Quote Reply
Re: Enough already!!! Three reasons why you will YOU will never use Strava [thirstygreek] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
thirstygreek wrote:
Haters gonna hate

Actually, this comment right there IS one of the best arguments against using it.
Quote Reply
Re: Enough already!!! Three reasons why you will YOU will never use Strava [Louie Cayedito] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Louie Cayedito wrote:
With no real climbs in Ann Arbor the KOM is usually he who found the biggest tailwind.

That being said, dick measuring can be fun sometimes so I do use it on occasion :)
Hey I'm in a2 too !!!

I only add after the workout is done I don't use gps I just add like my distance/pace then my title is my avg watts/hr it's a good training log
Quote Reply
Re: Enough already!!! Three reasons why you will YOU will never use Strava [Twilkas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've used Strava since I first started cycling a few years ago, before I had a Garmin or anything and just recorded with my phone. At first no one else was on it, and I used it mostly so when I went to a group ride or something I knew where I went so I could learn some good routes. Now there are a lot more people on it and I have a number of friends that use it regularly. I feel it's less of the "Hey look at me" deal since it's only viewed by my friends with similar interests. It's not like I'm going on Facebook and posting every workout. I leave Facebook for daily pictures of my recovery meals - protein bars and smoothies only of course!
Quote Reply
Re: Enough already!!! Three reasons why you will YOU will never use Strava [Z28Diddy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Protein bars and smoothies - the only thing you should be eating good work. I'd like to see some of those pics, compare smoothies. ;)
Quote Reply
Re: Enough already!!! Three reasons why you will YOU will never use Strava [Z28Diddy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
1) It is only an athletic achievement if you pay $750 for it.
2) It is only an athletic achievement if there are crowds cheering "you can do it" for the slowest athletes.
3) Only self-absorbed and insecure people need to compete with themselves and each other. I am way awesomer than all of them- just the way I am.
Everyone knows it.
4) Why invent new courses? It is more fun to train on the treadmill and complain about existing races.
5) I don't train this hard (5 hr/wk)- so I can challenge myself on strange courses. I am an Ironman. I don't need to brag. Everyone knows how awesome I am. Who cares how fast a couple of trail runners and cyclists might be.
6) Who needs to add new challenges to training and "spice stuff" up. That's what HBO is for.
Quote Reply
Re: Enough already!!! Three reasons why you will YOU will never use Strava [SharonMcN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SharonMcN wrote:
When I have used Garmin in the car Strava sends me a note to invalidate thr ride.

That's not Strava, that's another user who took the time to flag it. There are way too many driving in the car activities (especially when Strava provides a "crop" tool) and "runs" that are really rides, especially mountain bikers. It can be hard to tell looking at uphill/rolling segment splits, but the sustained 2:00 min/mi downhill paces generally give them away...
Quote Reply
Re: Enough already!!! Three reasons why you will YOU will never use Strava [mcnnr27] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Strava really needs an automatic flag for these kinds of things, especially for runs. Basically any run quicker than whatever the current world record for that distance is. They could even go farther and come up with reasonable limits for what Amateurs can do. No going faster than 3:00/km (or whatever) for >1km unless you have a pro account.
Quote Reply
Re: Enough already!!! Three reasons why you will YOU will never use Strava [dirtymangos] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You've been stalking me ~ I knew it! Now i know who the dude was behind the hedges while i looked out from my treadmill on Tuesday.

http://www.fitspeek.com the Fraser Valley's fitness, wellness, and endurance sports podcast
Quote Reply
Re: Enough already!!! Three reasons why you will YOU will never use Strava [Hydrosloth] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I bet I've created over 50 segments in my Strava lifetime. Heck, I will segment loops at local races. Out and back on longer races. Etc. I think it's a fun exchange with other riders. As someone that hammers his TT bike all over the place I'm guilty of some whore-like moments. However, I'd argue no more than the fastest groups we have locally that spam the boards too. To each their own.

What I actually enjoy the most about Strava is how it logs your routes and you can go back and look at how you've done on those segments since you joined. As a HR/Power rider, it's good data to measure progress.

If it died tomorrow and was never to be seen again I would be fine. I spend way more time on TP.
Quote Reply

Prev Next