Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

New Men's and Women's American 5k road records
Quote | Reply
I got to watch the BAA 5k this morning: flat and fast course around downtown Boston with a calm wind and temps in the mid-50s.

Ben True set the new American Record for the 5k road race at 13:22.

He was shortly followed by Molly Huddle with a new Women's American Record at 14:54.

Both races came down to a neck-and-neck sprint to the line. So awesome to watch those runners go flying past.

That said it was a new course and these results are, I believe, still unofficial. Hopefully everything was measured properly and the records are ratified.

Facebook and Strava
Last edited by: SwimGreg3: Apr 18, 15 7:18
Quote Reply
Re: New Men's and Women's American 5k road records [SwimGreg3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Its amazing that they run 5k in the time it takes me to run 2k. lol. Where was the race, what was the weather and course like?
Quote Reply
Re: New Men's and Women's American 5k road records [ZeeTriGuy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Oh yeah, that would be useful information wouldn't it.

It was at the BAA 5k today. Flat course with a few (4 or 5) 90 degree turns, calm wind and mid-50s.

Facebook and Strava
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ben True: representing the great State of Maine.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Awesome runs! American records and True took home $7,500 for under 15 minutes of work. Not a bad day at the office!

"Just don’t abandon everything you’ve ever learned because of something someone said on the internet." - Eric McGinnis
Quote Reply
Re: New Men's and Women's American 5k road records [ScottWrigleyFit] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ScottWrigleyFit wrote:
Awesome runs! American records and True took home $7,500 for under 15 minutes of work. Not a bad day at the office!

Pennies per hour for the time and effort he put in to make it happen.
Quote Reply
Re: New Men's and Women's American 5k road records [rhayden] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rhayden wrote:
ScottWrigleyFit wrote:

Pennies per hour for the time and effort he put in to make it happen.

Majority of pros get paid little if at all for all of the time and effort put into training for endurance sports. I am sure he is stoked to have made the money.

"Just don’t abandon everything you’ve ever learned because of something someone said on the internet." - Eric McGinnis
Quote Reply