Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: douche canoe check [Jordano] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Douche canoe, douche lord, douche nozzle... Can I just say, I love ST so much. It makes me spit up more coffee than everything else on the interweb combined.
Quote Reply
Re: douche canoe check [copperman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It always cracks me up to see/ hear a triathlete be concerned about appearances. As if differing (clothes, helmets, bikes, lipstick colors, etc) is really going to change their coolness status. Be yourself and do what you want.

Take a short break from ST and read my blog:
http://tri-banter.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i've done that...
Quote Reply
Re: douche canoe check [h2ofun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
h2ofun wrote:
Nah, have fun and it will be a tougher workout.

I don't think you understood the question. Are you saying 'no it isn't a douche move' or 'no don't wear your aero helmet'? Because it will be a faster ride with an aero helmet, not easier as you say.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No I would just think you're cost effective helmet is a lot of aero per dollar
Quote Reply
Re: douche canoe check [eggplantOG] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not totally sure what you are saying but I own the aero helmet. So won't cost me to wear or not wear it.
Quote Reply
Re: douche canoe check [alexabbas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So here is the thing:

A douche or a douche bag is fairly innocuous. It is something you say to your friend when he gets out his calculator to give exactly a 15% tip. A douche canoe is when someone does something that doesnt directly effect you but it is annoying. Posting workouts on facebook, back door bragging etc. For me to call someone a douche nozzle they have to do something that directly effects me. Barret Brandon taking a piss in the transition tent comes to mind. A douche lord is the worst. They do something docuhey that directly effects you and they do it in an annoying fashion. A friend shows up late to a steak dinner ( they don't seat incomplete parties you douche), and texts during dinner with his new girl friend (douche canoe). You foresee that he is going to ask the waiter to split the bill (also douche canoe unless you are under age 25) so as soon as the waiter starts to ask you say "one check please." But when the bill arrives - instead of simply dividing by 4 your friend tries to parse out the total. He says things like "I ate one shrimp so you 3 pay for the seafood tower." Somehow you and your friend end up paying $200 and the former friend who is now a douche lord pays $120.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
copperman wrote:
japarker24 wrote:
What the hell is a douche canoe?

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Douche+Canoe

Quote:

TOP DEFINITION

Douche Canoe
Someone who exceedes the limits of being a normal douche or douche bag.

"Luke, you are such a douche canoe"

Interesting. I thought it was just a term for a douchey Canadian.

Long Chile was a silly place.
Quote Reply
Re: douche canoe check [ajthomas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Lol I'm glad I wasnt a dough lord.

Aero helmets rock on road bikes. Who wouldhave knew
I think I passed 20 people going down hills.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
copperman wrote:
Not totally sure what you are saying but I own the aero helmet. So won't cost me to wear or not wear it.

if i saw someone on a regular road bike and an aero helmet i would assume they're just trying to be cost effective because an aero frame costs like $3000 min and while it may improve aero the frame shape itself if in similar position is probably going to improve your aero almost as much as $100 helmet. so it is very cost effective way to get more aero... it's like seeing someone in a speed suit, aero helmet, tt bars and a disc cover on a road frame like that probably is not that much of a stretch to a full set-up and in total cost like $300, got most of the gains if the position is good with very little money
Quote Reply

Prev Next