Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

over-ear earphone / sunglasses combo recommendations?
Quote | Reply
I hate having my headphones fall-out. So, awhile ago, I used over-ear headphones. But that caused my glasses to keep slipping down my nose (which I hate as well) because the area above my ear was covered by the headphones. I've been using earbuds these days, they keep falling out, and I can't take it anymore.

(-) I am going to purchase "over-ear" (not earbuds) headphones.
(-) I am going to upgrade to a new pair of sunglasses.

Would super light glasses (such as Oakley Half Jacket) help prevent the glasses from slipping down my nose when I am using the over-ear headphones?

I'd be so happy to hear what the folks with tons of experience use for their headphone / sunglasses solution.

[-=-=-]
Go for it all, or go for nothing.
[-=-=-]
Last edited by: dwakam: Mar 31, 15 8:30
Quote Reply
Re: over-ear earphone / sunglasses combo recommendations? [dwakam] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've never owned the Oakley's but I know that the Rudy Project glasses have some major customization when it comes to fit. Nose pads, arms, etc all bend so you can conform them to your face. Takes a bit of tinkering at first but after you've got them right they are locked in and not going anywhere!

My solution is simple:

Rudy Project Noyz sunglasses, Headsweats visor, headphones wrapped around back of visor strap and an iPod Shuffle clipped on. I've also used my Interval MP3 Case for swimming clipped into the visor from time to time if doing swim/run workouts. Here are a couple images to help you visualize this.

------
"Train so you have no regrets @ the finish line"
Last edited by: cshowe80: Mar 31, 15 12:15
Quote Reply
Re: over-ear earphone / sunglasses combo recommendations? [dwakam] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Have you tried the Yurbuds earbuds? Great sound, minimalist, and they really stay in the ear- much preferred over the over-the-ear styles I have owned. I think I paid $20 bucks or so, and have had the same set for over 2 years. Yurbuds Ironman Inspire series I do believe.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
dwakam wrote:
I hate having my headphones fall-out. So, awhile ago, I used over-ear headphones. But that caused my glasses to keep slipping down my nose (which I hate as well) because the area above my ear was covered by the headphones. I've been using earbuds these days, they keep falling out, and I can't take it anymore.

(-) I am going to purchase "over-ear" (not earbuds) headphones.
(-) I am going to upgrade to a new pair of sunglasses.

Would super light glasses (such as Oakley Half Jacket) help prevent the glasses from slipping down my nose when I am using the over-ear headphones?

I'd be so happy to hear what the folks with tons of experience use for their headphone / sunglasses solution.

Without a doubt the best solution is over-the-head headphones design. Unfortunately, for whatever reason people don't understand the benefits of these and almost every manufacturer has stopped producing them. The Sony MDR-AS35W is/was the best headphone that has ever existed for running and sport.

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Re: over-ear earphone / sunglasses combo recommendations? [TMorris] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TMorris wrote:
Have you tried the Yurbuds earbuds? Great sound, minimalist, and they really stay in the ear- much preferred over the over-the-ear styles I have owned. I think I paid $20 bucks or so, and have had the same set for over 2 years. Yurbuds Ironman Inspire series I do believe.

^^^^^This.

Get some lightweight earbuds that will stay in. There are ones, like Yarbuds, that anchor in the outer ear; and those that anchor in the ear canal (JVC marshmallows, earbuds with "pine tree" shaped pads, etc.).

I tend to like cheap earbuds, since they usually die every few years due to the soldered connections inside the earbud breaking due to tugging on the cable.

Pine Tree cushions:

Marshmallows

Outer Ear Anchors

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have been doing this for years.
I have smithlock sunglasses and addidas, overear headphones.

I have never had a problem with them falling off. I usually have the glasses on the outside of the over ear bit. They are both rubber at the contact point so that may be helping.

Sometimes I put the glasses between my ear and the headphones, it is more comfortable but the ear piece moves a bit more, which isn't always a problem, but can be.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have an older pair of Oakley Thumps (white frame, red lens) that are in good, near new condition if you are interested. I used them a few times and got another pair of Thumps in a black frame. I love them when I'm running in my neighborhood. I don't have to bring my phone with me for the bluetooth capabilities.
Quote Reply