Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Magura for p4 rear brake
Quote | Reply
I know it says it cant be done ( doing an ST search) . but hasnt specialiced come up with an adapter for the shiv ?

Out of interest what have people done to improve the breaking of the rear brake on the p4 ?
Last edited by: pk: Mar 31, 15 7:34
Quote Reply
Re: Magura for p4 rear break [pk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
brake. its a brake.

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Last edited by: JasoninHalifax: Mar 31, 15 6:23
Quote Reply
Re: Magura for p4 rear break [pk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
pk wrote:
I know it says it cant be done ( doing an ST search) . but hasnt specialiced come up with an adapter for the shiv ?

Out of interest what have people done to improve the breaking of the rear break on the p4 ?

The shiv adapter isn't going to help.
I think the best approach is:

1. Make sure you have an excellent front brake, and a good brake pad, because the front brake does 90% of the work anyway

2. Make sure you have the latest P4 rear brake carefully set up. If you do a search there are some threads on how to tweak it, I think Gerard Vroomen commented on a few of them.

Kat Hunter reports on the San Dimas Stage Race from inside the GC winning team
Aeroweenie.com -Compendium of Aero Data and Knowledge
Freelance sports & outdoors writer Kathryn Hunter
Quote Reply
Re: Magura for p4 rear break [jackmott] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cheers Jack
Was hoping that a wizzard made an customized p4 adaptor...
yeah the front brake is actually brilliant, but right now the rear brake doesn't even do 5%...

jackmott wrote:
pk wrote:

Out of interest what have people done to improve the breaking of the rear break on the p4 ?

The shiv adapter isn't going to help.
I think the best approach is:

1. Make sure you have an excellent front brake, and a good brake pad, because the front brake does 90% of the work anyway

2. Make sure you have the latest P4 rear brake carefully set up. If you do a search there are some threads on how to tweak it, I think Gerard Vroomen commented on a few of them.
</htm
Quote Reply
Re: Magura for p4 rear break [JasoninHalifax] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JasoninHalifax wrote:
brake. its a brake.
ta
Quote Reply
Re: Magura for p4 rear brake [pk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You can make the rear brake acceptable, it is never going to be great. Read up then iterate, iterate, iterate.

P4 is a beautiful creature, but she can be a bitch as well.

Ironman Certified Coach

Currently accepting limited number of new athletes
Quote Reply