Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Scicon Aerocomfort 2.0 TSA Question
Quote | Reply
For this of you that have this case....

Is it possible to pack a full size pump with helmet and shoes in the case as well? I would wrap the pump and bungee it well to prevent it from damaging my frame.

It looks like it should be fine. I am debating picking one if these up. I just need to know that the other stuff will fit also.
Last edited by: Donzo98: Mar 31, 15 4:24
Quote Reply
Re: Scicon Aerocomfort 2.0 TSA Question [Donzo98] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Although I've never tried it I think a standard floor pump would be pushing it. Instead, I use a Specialized Air Tool Compak Floor Pump when I travel with my Aerocomfort. It fits well, takes about little space and allows for more stuff like helmet and cloths. Importantly the pump is incredibly easy to use.

http://www.specialized.com/...ol-compak-floor-pump
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I use this when traveling: http://www.lezyne.com/...vel.php#.VRqYNZPF8Yc

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't have that particular bag but do have an Aerus Biospeed that looks pretty similar. I have a pump that is a bit smaller than my Joe Blow and it fits fine. I just wrap it really well and then zip tie it along the side of the top tube (also wrapped well) so it can't move around. Helmet and shoes also fit in the bag just fine (although the aero helmet is a bit sketchier on the fit).
Quote Reply
Re: Scicon Aerocomfort 2.0 TSA Question [Zenmaster28] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Zenmaster28 wrote:
I don't have that particular bag but do have an Aerus Biospeed that looks pretty similar. I have a pump that is a bit smaller than my Joe Blow and it fits fine. I just wrap it really well and then zip tie it along the side of the top tube (also wrapped well) so it can't move around. Helmet and shoes also fit in the bag just fine (although the aero helmet is a bit sketchier on the fit).

I think that's what Im going to do...

Wrap and zip tie to frame...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Donzo98 wrote:
For this of you that have this case....

Is it possible to pack a full size pump with helmet and shoes in the case as well? I would wrap the pump and bungee it well to prevent it from damaging my frame.

It looks like it should be fine. I am debating picking one if these up. I just need to know that the other stuff will fit also.

I've done exactly this a few times last year.

Scicon Aerocomfort 2.0 - TT Bike, Floor Pump, Helmet, Bike/Run Shoes, Tools, Suit, Misc Gear.

No issues with the fit & tons of room under the downtube.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have used this case to go back and forth between Canada and Europe lots of times. I have packed all kinds of things in there - shoes, tools, three weeks worth of laundry, mysterious powders and gels, etc. I once packed a floor pump but have decided it isn't necessary because a small hand pump works just fine to get you to a bike shop if you have a flat. I think that it was that flight that wrecked the pressure gauge in my pump.

Happy travels
John
Quote Reply