Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Went to 4 Bike Shops today... [cyclenutnz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"You're missing an angular correction on the setback. This will lead to always calculating Hx a bit long."

i'm not following you. can you try this again? the only angular correction i can think of that i'm missing is handlebar elevation. is that what you're referring to, that i don't take that into consideration when determining HX?

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: Went to 4 Bike Shops today... [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've even tried to stretch the Felt out by moving the saddle back to get my hip angle right. With my short femurs that puts me too far behind the BB to pedal effectively.

I know, unusual problems and thanks again for your help
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Our local bike shop does the fitting for Sato Hydrosloth and Svein Tuft. Word out

http://www.fitspeek.com the Fraser Valley's fitness, wellness, and endurance sports podcast
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Before this gets lost in the post stack, I would like to have an answer to my case... I still can't figure this out myself.

Thanks!

Sr. Salitre
Quote Reply
Re: Went to 4 Bike Shops today... [jaretj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It won't solve the handlebar-above-the-wheels thing, but a company that makes very, very low road bikes is Argon 18. My girlfriend is 155cm and more torso than leg, and we found a great deal for her on an older Krypton. The bare head tube measures something like 70-80mm and comes with a very thin headset cover.

ZONE3 - We Last Longer
Quote Reply
Re: Went to 4 Bike Shops today... [cervelo-van] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cervelo-van wrote:
We have some good ones here in Vancouver, though I suspect it's only the fitters that even know the terms Stack and Reach.

I recall when I first got into cycling, walked into a real messy shop near my house as I knew nothing at all about cycling, the guy behind the counter looks at me and says, oh, you're a 56. No measurements, no testing. I'm actually on a 54. Needless to say, no bikes were purchased there.

It gets interesting when the only bike fitter you will use moves from your preferred store to another one. Y

Today, having purchased over 10 bikes in the past 7 years, my choice of an LBS is simple. Who's the fitter and who are the mechanics, I could care less who the salespeople are.

Yes, La Bicicletta and Speedtheory are both set-up for proper fittings, Pacific Multsports is also run by an experienced knowledgeable staff.

res, non verba
Quote Reply
Re: Went to 4 Bike Shops today... [tessartype] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the info on the Argon 18

jaretj
Quote Reply
Re: Went to 4 Bike Shops today... [RoYe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Who is the young lady who does fits at La Bicicletta? Just had an athlet go through there, great response and feed back. Ex phys background....the opinion was extremely knowledgable, but not imposing in her view points, methodolgy etc.

Retul fit IIRC, but no data yet as it was recent.

Maurice
Quote Reply
Re: Went to 4 Bike Shops today... [mauricemaher] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mauricemaher wrote:
Who is the young lady who does fits at La Bicicletta? Just had an athlet go through there, great response and feed back. Ex phys background....the opinion was extremely knowledgable, but not imposing in her view points, methodolgy etc.

Maurice

http://labiciclettaproshop.com/...ike-fitting-pg56.htm
Noa Deutsch?

res, non verba
Quote Reply
Re: Went to 4 Bike Shops today... [RoYe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RoYe wrote:
mauricemaher wrote:

Maurice

http://labiciclettaproshop.com/...ike-fitting-pg56.htm
Noa Deutsch?

Yes, I think thats her. She comes across as a person from a knowledge base but doesn't impose too much…just voices her opinion based on XYZ. Athlete feed back is excellent although I don't know her nor have I ever met her. Looking forward to seeing results etc,

Maurice
Quote Reply

Prev Next