Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Specialized recalls Shiv Tri aerobars [Junrey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Junrey wrote:
I purchased my 2015 Shiv Pro Race couples months ago, rode it 4-5 times then this recall came out. I took it to my Local Bike Shop and they refused to swap the low stack component because it will messed up my fit which I paid $300 from a Specialized Certified Bike Fitter. I called Specialized and they recommended to take my bike to another dealer which I did, Same scenario, they told me that they cant do it because it will mess up my fit. Now, i have a 2 month old $7000 bike that I cant ride. I also asked if I can take it to Specialized Headquarters ( I live 20 mins away from Morgan Hill,CA) They said no! I feel like I got rip off!!! Nobody from Specialized can help!!!!

I have the same fit issue (can't use the low-stack kit). My LBS told me the issue was with the bolt coming loose, so to apply some teflon tape and keep riding the bike until the parts come in. FWIW, I'm also South Bay and being close to Specialized HQ doesn't seem to help.

I seriously hope they don't recommend the T2 wing basebar/T1+ aerobar. That's really low spec, and a significant aero downgrade from the alloy bar that came with the Shiv.

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply
Post deleted by mickey123 [ In reply to ]

Prev Next