Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Tri-suit - what you racing in for 2015? [Chad] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'll be wearing the kiwami Amphibian Prima. I can't say enough about the Kiwami customer service.
Quote Reply
Re: Tri-suit - what you racing in for 2015? [gtstang02] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wearing this for a short sprint this weekend.

Quote Reply
Re: Tri-suit - what you racing in for 2015? [roy utah] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
roy utah wrote:

It doesn't look like the Kiwami Amphibian has any pockets. How important are pockets for long distance or short distance courses?

Honestly, I've never used the pockets on my suits... super sprint through 1/2 Iron. Despite that, I was concerned that my new suit this year had no pockets (simply because my others did have them). Not only is it a non-issue, it's far better to have a suit with no pockets if you end up doing a non-wetsuit swim without a swim skin -- which was the case for me a couple of weeks ago.
Quote Reply
Re: Tri-suit - what you racing in for 2015? [surroundhound] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Then do you keep your nutrition stored on the bike itself?
Quote Reply
Re: Tri-suit - what you racing in for 2015? [kscheiris] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
kscheiris wrote:
I have raced in both the PI Octane and LG Course sleeved suits. I love the fit of the Octane but it is a nightmare to get on when wet. I'll race in the course at Kona. Because of its bib shirt design it takes mere seconds to get on. Apparently it tests well in the tunnel too, as per Rappstar.

My proof-of-concept for the Octane being ok, is at darn near every race I see someone cross the line in front of me wearing one (whether in race photos or seeing them on the out-and-back in the run course). I'm a practical guy, so I think "hey if they can get that thing on in T1, so can I." lol

-------------------
Madison photographer Timothy Hughes | Instagram
Quote Reply
Re: Tri-suit - what you racing in for 2015? [Timtek] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tim, for sprint races, you've got a nightmare on your hands with that suit. Sleeveless wetsuit means you have to tuck it in your waist, and then getting it up wet....well.......
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Now there are long distance suits available in both Rio and Spider lines. AWESOME suits and fast in the water, quick dry, and good for ALL THREE sports, not just the bike.

As far as durability, I am going on the 4th year on some of my Kiwami gear, so the cost is well worth the great comfort and years of use. I am somewhat careful with washing, but not as much as I should be as they get older. The great thing is that now I have enough older suits that I can have the same comfort when I train! :-)

roy utah wrote:
IT wrote:
Chad, not sure if you got a reply yet.

My first and only suits so far have been two Kiwami Amphibians with and without the chamois. Both are problem free for me. If money were no issue, I would probably get a DeSoto too for comparison.

Chose Kiwami based on the reviews here and what I see at races. Many national teams go with them and I don't think that would be the case if it was poorly made. Also seems to be easy to customize with names, logos, or sponsors.

Have been happy with mine because it is faster in the water. Super aero and compressive on the bike and the run.

My only concern is getting it to last "forever" so it's a good value too. Hoping that following their instructions will work. Occasionally using a vinegar rinse. Hoping that Nikwax tech wash and Nikwax wash-in will keep them like new by washing them when dirty.

Bought mine from the "SALE" site and with their occasional discount with no logos.

If your training has gotten you to a point where you are good enough to notice a difference, you will.

It doesn't look like the Kiwami Amphibian has any pockets. How important are pockets for long distance or short distance courses?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
With the Amphibian 008 I kept all my nutrition for the bike, on the bike.

For the run I started with 1 gel in my hand and 1 gel in each leg of the suit. If I needed more I would pick it up on the course.

Recently I put a gel flask in the top of my suit while on the bike and it worked well.

jaretj
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
roy utah wrote:
Then do you keep your nutrition stored on the bike itself?
I use a little bento behind my BTA bottle on the bike to store my food.
Quote Reply
Re: Tri-suit - what you racing in for 2015? [Orca] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've actually just looked at one of these suits and it fits great.

My only concerns are:
1.) Price - Its ZAR5,000 here ($360)
2.) The sleeves are super tight - absolutely great for the bike I think because no wrinkles on my arms but what if its a non-wetsuit swim. I dont think I'll be able to roll the sleeves up given how tight they are without risking stretching or tearing the suit...neither of which I want to do if I spend a small fortune on it.
Quote Reply

Prev Next