Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: ROKA SPCTRM Goggles Have Arrived [Jenpfeifer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jenpfeifer wrote:
Hi! I run the customer experience department at ROKA. We have a 30 day guarantee on our goggles, we are happy to swap them out if you are having problems with them. If you send me a note at: support@rokasports.com I can send you instructions.

And what if I'm past 30 days 'cause I was hoping I could figure it out? ;-)

Ordered March 20th.
Quote Reply
Re: ROKA SPCTRM Goggles Have Arrived [TriWithT1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We want you to have the right goggles.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Jenpfeifer wrote:
We want you to have the right goggles.

Thanks!

(working it out with Roka now)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nice goggles, well made and good fit. They have also been great for spotting some of the larger (mainly grey) fish that are hovering around Manly at the moment! (and there are some big ones.. lots of bait fish in). So great from an open water perspective. I am yet to try the pool models, but that won't take me long to order.

Chris

Architeuthis
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I got my replacement Dark Vermilion X1s and tried them out today. Seem MUCH better on the fogging. They did fog initially a bit, but after a little adjustment period and one rinse in the water they were better. I will go back and test the old pair and compare against the new ones.

Still curious why the mirrored ones fog and the Light Grey's have been absolutely perfect?
Quote Reply
Re: ROKA SPCTRM Goggles Have Arrived [TriWithT1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It is common for goggles to fog at the beginning of your swim. Fogging happens when the goggle is exposed to a different temperature, like when you first put them in the water. The fogging should subside as they adjust to the temperature. There should not be any technical difference between the two lenses. My guess is the mirror coating, which contains some precious metals, is holding onto heat a little more. This heat could cause a slight variation in how the mirror coating functions and may cause the fogging at the beginning of your swim. I will be curious to hear how the comparison goes!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
As with saddles, what fits varies from person to person. I tried the Roka F2 goggles. Unfortunately, they didn't fit my face that well. If I wore them snug enough so that they didn't leak, they didn't feel well padded for my face and that pressure is annoying after, say, 20 minutes or longer.
Quote Reply
Re: ROKA SPCTRM Goggles Have Arrived [maddog95835] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ordered x1s for OWS in a lake near my house. I like a wide field of view when doing OWS training so I can see giant snapping turtles and boats heading my way....

The fit and water tightness is fine. I would like to see a more simple ratchet strap adjustment system like zoggs or aquasphere. I would also like to see an adjustable nose bridge and polarized options. Overall I think they are good but they are not going to be my faves....
Last edited by: endosch2: May 21, 15 19:25
Quote Reply
Re: ROKA SPCTRM Goggles Have Arrived [chipnicodemus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tried sooooo many goggles, I have a Ziploc with dozens of pairs and hundreds of wasted $.

I'm like the Imelda Marcos of swim goggles. TYR Special Ops 2.0 have been the only one's that fit well, but they don't seem to last long and already fog so much - maybe I just don't know how to use anti-fog spray.

I ordered the X1's the day they came out and really want to love them, but they just don't fit right (leaks) for me. I didn't even think to try and exchange them but literally only used them twice and now it's been over a month, oh well, might use them to fashion myself steam-punk Halloween costume because they are really awesome/dorky looking.

Just ordered the F2's, so hoping they fit like the TYR's because they seem very high quality and I like the softer gaskets, plus i think they look bitchin. Fingers crossed.

“Bloom wherever you are planted"
Quote Reply
Re: ROKA SPCTRM Goggles Have Arrived [K-DUB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
K-DUB wrote:
Tried sooooo many goggles, I have a Ziploc with dozens of pairs and hundreds of wasted $.

I'm like the Imelda Marcos of swim goggles. TYR Special Ops 2.0 have been the only one's that fit well, but they don't seem to last long and already fog so much - maybe I just don't know how to use anti-fog spray.

I ordered the X1's the day they came out and really want to love them, but they just don't fit right (leaks) for me. I didn't even think to try and exchange them but literally only used them twice and now it's been over a month, oh well, might use them to fashion myself steam-punk Halloween costume because they are really awesome/dorky looking.

Just ordered the F2's, so hoping they fit like the TYR's because they seem very high quality and I like the softer gaskets, plus i think they look bitchin. Fingers crossed.

I love my F1s, but the F2s leaked for me (only the left eye). Was hoping for something with a bit more visibility for OWS (felt like I couldn't see well int he F1s in my last race). Will have to go try some other brands for bigger field of vision goggles.
Quote Reply
Re: ROKA SPCTRM Goggles Have Arrived [Erin C.] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The F2s leaked in the left eye for me too. I'm going to try the F1s to see if they work better

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Last edited by: BryanD: Jul 6, 15 11:08
Quote Reply
Re: ROKA SPCTRM Goggles Have Arrived [K-DUB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I bought a pair of F1s and love them for the pool, but had trouble finding feet in the open water (sighting was fine).

Roka sent me 2 pairs of F2s and they are AMAZING. I was using the Special Ops as well and won't go back. I got the light and dark amber. Light is great for indoors or foggy mornings.

I used the dark amber at a local splash and dash (1 mile swim, 3 mile run) with one of the legs directly into the sun. They are absolutely fantastic - I have done the same course several times and it was the first time I have ever been able to actually see all the buoys.

Highly recommended.

DISCLAIMER: Roka sent me the F2s for free.

/kj

http://kjmcawesome.tumblr.com/
Quote Reply
Re: ROKA SPCTRM Goggles Have Arrived [kjmcawesome] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
kjmcawesome wrote:
I bought a pair of F1s and love them for the pool, but had trouble finding feet in the open water (sighting was fine).
Roka sent me 2 pairs of F2s and they are AMAZING. I was using the Special Ops as well and won't go back. I got the light and dark amber. Light is great for indoors or foggy mornings.

I used the dark amber at a local splash and dash (1 mile swim, 3 mile run) with one of the legs directly into the sun. They are absolutely fantastic - I have done the same course several times and it was the first time I have ever been able to actually see all the buoys.

Highly recommended.

DISCLAIMER: Roka sent me the F2s for free.

I wonder if the X1s would fit me, or if the fact that they're bigger than the F2s would make them even less likely to fit.
Quote Reply
Re: ROKA SPCTRM Goggles Have Arrived [Erin C.] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just swam in my Roka Cobalt F1s tonight. My Cobalt F2s did not fit very well and leaked in the left eye. The F1s worked perfectly. No leaking, super clear, and a great swim experience. Highly recommended!

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply
Re: ROKA SPCTRM Goggles Have Arrived [BryanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
F3 leaked but I waited too long, just got F2s and love them. No leak but fog up and strap is really tight but that's fixable. Might try F1 too but those swedes make me look like a racoon after hang them.

“Bloom wherever you are planted"
Quote Reply

Prev Next