Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Profile Design FC25
Quote | Reply
Has Profile Design released the FC25/35 bta bottles yet? Most sites where I've found them listed show "out of stock" while TriSports is showing pre-order. Tri Geeks' write-up on the system indicated a November (I'm assuming 11/14) release but maybe I'm ahead of myself. If anyone's found one and is using it, what are your thoughts? Does it simply slip into the same mount as the older "vertical" aero bottles?
Quote Reply
Re: Profile Design FC25 [brooktrout48] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Don't think they are shipping yet, but I'm interested as well. I saw some advertising from PD dated late February, but not sure when they will be available.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you click on the color options drop-down, Trisports shows 3/19 availability.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I preordered on tri sports. Still waiting. So not released yet
Quote Reply
Re: Profile Design FC25 [TriTamp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The 3/19 availability date wasn't there when I last looked. Will look forward to hearing impressions as the systems are delivered. Wondering how they'll do mounting into the existing aero bottle bracket. I purchased the torpedo system last summer only to find that the mount wouldn't accommodate the narrow spacing of my aerobars. I've already got the mount for the aero bottle in place so being able to simply switch the old bottle for the new one is a best case scenario.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just saw that Trisports has updated the availability date for the FC25 to April 11.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It looks like the FC mounting bracket is the same as the HC. Does anyone have experience with this mount as compared to the X-Lab? I'm currently using the X-Lab and get frustrated by how flimsy the velcro mountain system is.
Quote Reply
Re: Profile Design FC25 [ibetri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I use the HC and the bracket is fine. Has some plastic 'clips' for want of a better word that go around the aero bars and get tighter when you do up the Velcro. Better than the Xlab version imo.

I ride:
Cervelo - P-Series/R3
GT - Sensor Carbon Expert

Supporters - Flo Cycling, Mount Bikes
Quote Reply
Re: Profile Design FC25 [ibetri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I also use the Xlab torpedo with velcro. It isn't that sturdy, so I placed these PD brackets under it(front and back) to stiffen it up. Works great so far. I didn't buy the HC bracket because I like my CPU out front by my hands.
http://www.amazon.com/Profile-Design-HC-Mount-Black/dp/B005FENOSQ/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1427116417&sr=8-4&keywords=profile+design+hc

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Looks like trisports.com has the white color in stock now.

TerriJ
Quote Reply
Re: Profile Design FC25 [tjarus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I had preordered mine from trisports. It'll be here Friday
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Anxious to see how you like it. It sounds promising.

TerriJ
Quote Reply
Re: Profile Design FC25 [tjarus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tjarus wrote:

I got two training rides in with the Profile Design FC25 this weekend. It was easy to install. For my setup, it does just fit between my aero bars and the front is pretty tight at the end where I grip the aero bars. It worked fine though. I could possible move the bars out a couple of mms or add some spacers where the FC25 mount attaches to the aero bars. It seemed okay so I may leave it. The computer mount is nicely placed. I had a couple gels in the little front part. I did launch a gel from there the first day. I placed them differently on day two and had no issues. No splashing. Overall, I'm happy with it. I think it's nice having the hydration, computer mount, and a small place for some nutrition right there.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
does it come with a mounting bracket or is it the same as the aerodrink system?

Thanks,

Jason Tucker

Quote Reply
Re: Profile Design FC25 [tricoachtucker] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tricoachtucker wrote:
does it come with a mounting bracket or is it the same as the aerodrink system?

It comes with a bracket but I believe it is the same as with the aero drink system.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TriTamp wrote:
tjarus wrote:

I got two training rides in with the Profile Design FC25 this weekend. It was easy to install. For my setup, it does just fit between my aero bars and the front is pretty tight at the end where I grip the aero bars. It worked fine though. I could possible move the bars out a couple of mms or add some spacers where the FC25 mount attaches to the aero bars. It seemed okay so I may leave it. The computer mount is nicely placed. I had a couple gels in the little front part. I did launch a gel from there the first day. I placed them differently on day two and had no issues. No splashing. Overall, I'm happy with it. I think it's nice having the hydration, computer mount, and a small place for some nutrition right there.

Isn't that supposed to be at the rear?

http://www.thinglink.com/...e/640692853718122498
Quote Reply
Re: Profile Design FC25 [WelshinPhilly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
WelshinPhilly wrote:
TriTamp wrote:
tjarus wrote:

Isn't that supposed to be at the rear?

http://www.thinglink.com/...e/640692853718122498

Yes. That's where I have it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
is there any aero lab testing data available on this system compared to a standard bta setup ?
desert dude ?
Quote Reply