Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Any Sedona residents?
Quote | Reply
I will be going on vacation from April 3rd-9th and was wondering if anyone lived in Sedona and might have some time to train and/or a bike to borrow. I have been there before and rented a bike but figured if anyone had one laying around and wanted to get in a ride or two while I was there that would be great. I was interested in mountain bike since I don't get a chance to ride one in Chicago but also enjoyed the scenery last time on the roads. Shoot me a PM or respond if you're in town or know of any groups to ride/run with at that time! Thanks.

Twitter - Instagram
Quote Reply
Re: Any Sedona residents? [jrielley] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I live in Sedona but unfortunately won't be around when you are here. I know a lot of mountain and road bikers if you're looking to meet up with some people though. For MTB, your best bet is to stop in at Over The Edge Sports in West Sedona or Bike and Bean in the Village of Oak Creek. They can hook you up with a variety of trails (and a map!) based on your skill level. The mountain biking here is unreal. The road biking is pretty but there are limited roads.

If you want a good ride, there is a ride in Flagstaff on Saturday that leaves from the Pay 'n Take coffee house and bar. April will be a good time for that ride as it's getting warm in Phoenix.

The trails are also good for running. Shoot me a PM and I can fill you in with more info.

---
Quote Reply
Re: Any Sedona residents? [MonkeyClaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks! Sent you a PM. Anyone else?

Twitter - Instagram
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jrielley wrote:
I will be going on vacation from April 3rd-9th and was wondering if anyone lived in Sedona and might have some time to train and/or a bike to borrow. I have been there before and rented a bike but figured if anyone had one laying around and wanted to get in a ride or two while I was there that would be great. I was interested in mountain bike since I don't get a chance to ride one in Chicago but also enjoyed the scenery last time on the roads. Shoot me a PM or respond if you're in town or know of any groups to ride/run with at that time! Thanks.

I have bad news for you...... there will be no vacation for you. you better reset your mind.... in between the double swim days at long run at altitude.....i m really not sure if you will be able to stay upright on the fat tire!!!!!

Jonathan Caron / Professional Coach / ironman champions / age group world champions
Jonnyo Coaching
Instargram
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Stop by Sedona Running Co. Off 89a and say hello to owners Adam and Lindsey. Tell them John and Amy sent you. Have him set you up for some great trail runs. I live there 6 months of the year but won't be there when you are. Best road riding is in Flagstaff or on Beaverhead Flat rd. from village of Oak Creek, also the climb from Cottonwood up to Mingus Mt through Jerome is good if you want hills. As another poster said though, best cycling option is off road in Sedona. It's some of the best single track in the world.
Quote Reply
Re: Any Sedona residents? [pdxjohn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks! I'll stop by and check them out. Too bad no one seems to be there when I am! I feel like I'll get lost on the trails by myself, but then again that just means more mileage!

Twitter - Instagram
Quote Reply
Re: Any Sedona residents? [jonnyo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ok on vacation from the cold crappy Chicago weather! Not a vacation from training!

Twitter - Instagram
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jrielley wrote:
Thanks! I'll stop by and check them out. Too bad no one seems to be there when I am! I feel like I'll get lost on the trails by myself, but then again that just means more mileage!

Adam can sell you the Sedona trails map and give you ideas for a run. They usually do a weekly morning run Thursday's. Ask him about that too. Lots of great options right from town. The trails are very well marked. Pretty hard to get too lost.
Last edited by: pdxjohn: Mar 7, 15 22:19
Quote Reply
Re: Any Sedona residents? [pdxjohn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Perfect. Thanks a lot. Excited to get out of flat Chicagoland and get some trails and hills!

Twitter - Instagram
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well I have a mountain bike rented from next Saturday to Wednesday if anyone is around and wants to ride! Or swim. Just throwing it out there...

Twitter - Instagram
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Arriving tomorrow! I think I am just talking to myself but figured someone might have missed it. PM me if you're in Sedona or area and maybe we can get a ride in.

Twitter - Instagram
Quote Reply