Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Training/Riding with Power on a Budget
Quote | Reply
So I'm using Kinetic InRide in combination with TrainerRoad to all of my indoor training with power. I want that to be transferable outside so that I can set a race plan around FTP and have something logical to set my pace against. That said, it all seems to damn expensive. Are there any more cost efficient ways to get the power stats out on the road? If the watt variance is a tad bit higher, I'm ok with that, within 10 watts +/- is a heck of a lot better than no info at all. Thanks for any suggestions you might have.
Quote Reply
Re: Training/Riding with Power on a Budget [cmd111183] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is a used powertap outside the budget? I also thought power was off the table until I found out used wireless powertaps can be had for around $400, probably even less if you're patient.
Quote Reply
Re: Training/Riding with Power on a Budget [snaaijert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
x2 on a used powertap. If you're looking for something similar to a power meter, at under $100...then sorry...you can't have your cake and eat it too. At least not for the time being.

A HRM would probably be a decent investment if your budget is <$100. Still a good tool.
Quote Reply
Re: Training/Riding with Power on a Budget [Jason N] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Have HRM for my 910. Don't love the 910 on the bike, so I'm actually shopping for a new bike computer, but wanted to consider power as an option to make sure I purchase a computer that's compatible. SO maybe a 510 is the right decision for the time being with a power upgrade down the line.
Quote Reply
Re: Training/Riding with Power on a Budget [cmd111183] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wired Powertap. <$200.

/thread
Quote Reply
Re: Training/Riding with Power on a Budget [Nick B] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Most definitely get yourself a used wired powertap.

----------------------------
http://www.instagram.com/cyclewise
Quote Reply