Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

You guys are missing some big discounts!
Quote | Reply
MANY of you guys are BIG lovers of De Soto's Forza tri shorts. All week long there's been a special, 40% off, and it's a special De Soto/Slowtwitch makeup. This special will last 1 more day. It's on our Classifieds forum.

If this is the first time you've heard of this, it's because you don't get our weekly newsletter. There are significant discounts on that newsletter, we only send it out once a week, and if you don't get the newsletter you don't see the discount. I only occasionally mention these discounted items on the main forum, and they don't all end up on our Classifieds forum.

I got a number of exasperated emails from folks who missed out on a special last week. If you get our weekly newsletter you won't miss these specials, which include race discounts, and are only going to ramp up as we get closer to the season.

On the right hand side of the page is our newsletter sign-up. Look that way, and maybe up a little bit =>

Just above the long skinny banner ad, and just below the search utility. Write in your email address and press GO.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Last edited by: Slowman: Mar 5, 15 11:01
Quote Reply
Re: You guys are missing some big discounts! [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dan, one underlying issue is that not all Slowtwitchers are guys and frankly the options offered for you people (males) have been better. I have femme line Desoto (jersey and bibs) stuff but the male stuff is still 'cooler' with color options etc
Quote Reply
Re: You guys are missing some big discounts! [xterratri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
when i say "guys" i mean that in the generic sense: guys and ladies. yes, if this were a truly egalitarian society i could just say "ladies" and it would be understood to mean guys AND ladies.

i cannot think of any of the specials we've run that have been male-specific or male-leaning. of course, the personal preference of various ladies (and in this case i mean generic-specific ladies) might not run toward, say, de soto's women's capri line (which we recently featured) or women's tights and knickers. but, again, i think that's a personal choice.

if there are women's apparel makers you prefer, i'd love to talk to them about running specials like this here, on slowtwitch, for you.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This week's Forza short is male only unless I suffer reading comprehension issues. The closest short in features in the Femme line is actually the Riviera

I like Desoto but would be interested in chance to try stuff by Couer too. Tried Soas but was very underwhelmed with the shorts. We do appreciate your work and Emilio's awesome company and customer service
Quote Reply
Re: You guys are missing some big discounts! [xterratri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i didn't know there wasn't a women's forza in this special. i know there is a women's forza tri short, but i guess it isn't part of this special? my mistake. i don't know anybody from Coeur but i'll see if i can make the acquaintance of somebody. i believe someone from Coeur posted on the women's forum, so, i think that might be the contact i'm looking for ;-)

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I, for one, am saving so much money on DeSoto products that I'm going broke.

The run shorts have been awesome so far and I can't wait to get my hands on another pair of the new Forza tri shorts, especially with a ST theme....

----------------------------
Jason
None of the secrets of success will work unless you do.
Quote Reply
Re: You guys are missing some big discounts! [wannabefaster] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bless your heart.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'll speak for myself in that right now, I'm supremely overstocked in apparel. Bought a fair bit of stuff last year that I didn't get to wind up using while I was laid up.

My wife, however, is reading this over my shoulder and saying "if he could do something with Oiselle one week…" I know they don't do tri gear (yet), but on the run side they've been killer, and just started a swim line. If you need a contact, I have it.

----------------------------------
Editor-in-Chief, Slowtwitch.com | Twitter
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
wannabefaster wrote:
I, for one, am saving so much money on DeSoto products that I'm going broke.

+1
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I love their women's tri shorts...pretty much all I wear for training. Will look forward to a special on them!

---------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Got the run shorts - which are great.

The shorts look awesome...but I'm a bib guy.

Chris Harris
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Huh. I just found out there is a Slowtwitch newsletter. Go figure.

Pete Githens
Reading, PA
Quote Reply
Re: You guys are missing some big discounts! [Mr. October] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mr. October wrote:
Huh. I just found out there is a Slowtwitch newsletter. Go figure.

Careful Reggie, you're veering towards "shun!" territory . . .

—Mr. Hand
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just ordered mine.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This is also a very good eye opener for me to not only read the Newsletters but to browse the classifieds more often. Thank you. Great lesson for a new guy to this forum (myself).

Also pumped that it just got extended into today!

"Who cares if you're in pain...no one else does" - Ryan Lochte
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just got my Slowtwitch/De Soto Forza Tri Shorts in the mail!

"Just don’t abandon everything you’ve ever learned because of something someone said on the internet." - Eric McGinnis
Quote Reply
Re: You guys are missing some big discounts! [ScottWrigleyFit] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ScottWrigleyFit wrote:
Just got my Slowtwitch/De Soto Forza Tri Shorts in the mail!

Me too. Rode an hour on the trainer with them last night. Really nice. Thanks for doing this for us.

One comment: these must be the "standard rise" shorts versus the "low rise" Forzas that I already have. I would love to see something half way between the two options. The low rise is pretty low (although not as low as a pair of low rise Rivieras from around 2011 that are barely decent. Barely). The standard rise is too high so I have to roll the waistband down a little bit. Somewhere out there Goldilocks must have a pair of Forzas that are just right.

----------------------------
Jason
None of the secrets of success will work unless you do.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
your forza 400 mile bib has spoiled me to the core....

i can not ride any other bib but that....i have 7 of them. :)
Quote Reply