Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Treadmill Users: Transfer from treadmil to outdoors [Triagain2(FTDA)] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I ripped off my plantaris years ago doing some karate junk. I rehabbed for a year on the treadmill to control my pacing. Went straight to the road for the same distances at a comfortable pace. My times were slower at first but came back into line quickly.
Quote Reply
Re: Treadmill Users: Transfer from treadmil to outdoors [noxious] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks Noxious. I was worried that I was wasting my time on the treadmill, but it certainly kicks my butt. I think I'll use a mix of treadmill, water running, track, and road, with limited road to save my feet for race days. I run in Nike Frees, as they seem to be the only shoe that my feet like, but not much protection. Once, again, thanks for your input. kevin
Quote Reply
Re: Treadmill Users: Transfer from treadmil to outdoors [Triagain2(FTDA)] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'll say, if all your long runs have been on a treadmill and then you head out for a marathon on concrete, that may hurt. But mixing up treadmill vs dirt has been no problem for me (~130 lbs).

To breathe, to feel, to know I'm alive.
Quote Reply
Re: Treadmill Users: Transfer from treadmil to outdoors [Tsunami] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Same here. I'm on the smaller side, have been running on the treadmill with Hokas, outside a bit (when it's not treacherously icy) in Brooks Ghost goretex, and for a week in FL outside in my Saucony Guides. Different drops, different surfaces, didn't seem to have any issue transitioning. Have to say though, after the Hokas (which I don't love) on the relatively soft treadmill, I'm considering one of Saucony's super-cushy new shoes for out on the asphalt. If only they made a Guide ISO...
Quote Reply

Prev Next