Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Scale Recommendation
Quote | Reply
My bathroom scale crapped out so I'm in the market for a very accurate bathroom scale under <$150. No body fat %, hydration, memory, wifi, bluetooth, or other gizmos are needed.
Quote Reply
Re: Scale Recommendation [Nick B] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not exactly bathroom scales, but very accurate, and can be used for just about anything. I use them for weighing me, my gear, measuring ingredients when cooking, and everything in between. Refrigerant scale.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There are a lot of cheap options on amazon for less than 30 that'll do what you want. Now that being said....

I kind of want a bathroom scale that'll hook up to my garmin so I can keep track of everything on trainingpeaks as lazily as possible (ironic for my weight scale purposes), so to piggyback off of this thread anybody have any accurate recommendations for that?

I really like the withings wifi scale. It comes with an app and you get the history all logged in for future reference including fat %. I have it linked to myfitnesspal and myfitnesspal is linked to my Garmin Connect. Net result is I get my weight all recorded on Garmin Connect along with calories consumed from myfitnesspal so all combined my GC has all the info in one place. This scale isnt cheap but it simply works, I get on every morning and without fail all those samples are saved via wifi

http://www.withings.com/us/smart-body-analyzer.html?gclid=CLrD_72hi8QCFfRj7Aod6VYABg
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm with you. My scale crapped out this morning as well. It was an EatSmart scale but I wasn't really happy with it. I want a scale with excellent reliability and not any of the extra gizmos etc.

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I really like the http://www.amazon.com/...-20&linkCode=as2 but I think I am getting the http://www.amazon.com/...-20&linkCode=as2 when this one craps out. The tanita is good until it goes completely haywire (which has happened during a move) Under 30 and you can replace it after a couple years if ya want.
Quote Reply
Re: Scale Recommendation [avikoren1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
avikoren1 wrote:
I really like the withings wifi scale. It comes with an app and you get the history all logged in for future reference including fat %. I have it linked to myfitnesspal and myfitnesspal is linked to my Garmin Connect. Net result is I get my weight all recorded on Garmin Connect along with calories consumed from myfitnesspal so all combined my GC has all the info in one place. This scale isnt cheap but it simply works, I get on every morning and without fail all those samples are saved via wifi

http://www.withings.com/us/smart-body-analyzer.html?gclid=CLrD_72hi8QCFfRj7Aod6VYABg

+1

I got the Smart Body Analyzer version at Christmas - works great. I picked it up a Bed Bed & Beyond with 20% coupon.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Jut got this one when my expensive Tanita died. Best part is it is $50 and easy to read. EatSmart Precision GetFit Digital Body Fat Scale

Yeah it has the other bells and whistles, but for $50 you can't go wrong.

CyclingSessions

Quote Reply
Re: Scale Recommendation [cyclingsessions] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tag, shopping for the same thing.
Quote Reply
Re: Scale Recommendation [cldtx] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cldtx wrote:
avikoren1 wrote:

+1

I got the Smart Body Analyzer version at Christmas - works great. I picked it up a Bed Bed & Beyond with 20% coupon.

Same here, bed bath and B with the same 20% :)
Quote Reply
Re: Scale Recommendation [avikoren1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
avikoren1 wrote:

http://www.withings.com/us/smart-body-analyzer.html?gclid=CLrD_72hi8QCFfRj7Aod6VYABg[/quote[/url]]

My Tanita BC-1000 is working fine, but this intrigues me.

Does it upload to Garmin Connect automatically or do you have to manually enter the data? What is the upload process? Household Wi-Fi or do you need a Bluetooth phone handy?

Swim - Bike - Run the rest is just clothing changes.
Quote Reply
Re: Scale Recommendation [linhardt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
When I first looked at the tanita and the need to have my watch near by, turn it on, etc, too complicated. With this scale it's all automatic using Wi-Fi I think. I did synch it to my phone using Bluetooth so to be honest not sure if it uses wifi or bt. The point is I never being my phone with me and in the 6 our do months I've had it, it hasn't missed one sample. Using the other apps it's just shows up on Garmin connect within minutes of stepping on the scale.
Quote Reply