Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: March Fish Report [rdmyers] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
had my UCLA Master's meet yesterday. Did not go as planned! Oh well.. it was still fun:

1650 - planned for a 19:30 (I really think it's in my reach) did a 20:07 - fell apart at 1000. Not sure why, but pool was weird - murky and a touch too warm, plus a bulkhead wall which is always wierd to turn on. Passed through 1000 in 11:54 and hit a brick wall. Survived, though, and placed 1st.
50 breast - ughhh - 35.35 - 3rd place
100 breast - ughhh, too - 1:16.11 - 1st place (go figure)
The 100 breast was interesting in that I was in the last heat, but seeded the slowest in that heat. The announcer said this should be a hot race with some class athletes. The winner went :57 (FOR BREASTSTROKE!!!) The 40ish woman next to me was the second slowest at 1:10. And then me straggling along 6 seconds later. A paraolympic kid broke the world record in the previous heat in a 1:12, too.

With warmup and cool down at maybe 1000 yards, I'm guessing a total of 2800 for the day

This morning, although sore, had some fine 100s
10x[100s/50k] 1:12~1:07
10x50@1:00 alt bk/br
2x100 s/k cool

2200 sc yardages

Proud member of FISHTWITCH: doing a bit more than fish exercise now.
Quote Reply
Post deleted by HalfSpeed [ In reply to ]
Re: March Fish Report [HalfSpeed] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
500 swim on 7:00
3x (100 pull on 1:20 + 200 pull on 2:40 + 300 pull 2:40) (1:16-2:33-3:49, 1:14-2:28-4:43, 1:12-2:24-4:38)
200 easy

2500scy in 33:59

Bruce
ALBOPADS XTERRAWETSUITS NEWTON OAKLEY FIZIK GARMIN ROTOR COMPUTRAINER QUARQ HONEYSTINGER
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
congrats on the first; sorry you didn't get the time you wanted.

6 mi run and 1000 yd swim before an 8 am meeting

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: March Fish Report [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tigerchik wrote:
After a week of not swimming... was home on spring break, had a cold, [insert more excuses]
4 x 200 on 2:30

If that's not a typo you are making me feel really old!
Tried an AM pre-run swim today, was alright but pool was full

500 wu
10 x 100@ 1:30 (~1:18 ave)
5 x 100k@ 2:00 (~1:45)
5 x 50 @ 1:00, held :32 except 5th at :33
50k bk cd

2300 scy

------------------------------------------------------------
some days you're the windshield some days the bug
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I need to convert to metres to make sense of the times, (well, not the 1650)

just mental conversion math:
35 converst to a 38-mid, I think
57 converts to a 1:04 or so.
1:16 converts to 1:24

well done on the wins.

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Quote Reply
Re: March Fish Report [JasoninHalifax] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sorry I have not contributed much to this thread. Between work pressure, work travel, a ton of medical appointments etc, I have been fitting in the swims. The target ended up being ~ 1 hour per day with a goal of a third straight month of 90K. With Easter pool schedule and a few work meetings derailing going to the pool, I found myself "behind" by around 8000m going into the last few days, meaning I have had to do a sequence of ~4000m swims lately. Tomorrow, I need to do 4100m to close off the month.

The last 3 months will be 270K of swimming, so that's my biggest swim block in my life. I also got relatively good news from my neurologist that my nerve issues in my spine and leg that are getting in the way of walking and running will heal up in time and he expects me to be back doing everything "normally"...it will just take time. So I guess this swim block will be an investment in future triathlons. But regardless, I have really enjoyed it. It was only in the last 3 weeks that I am not in discomfort 24x7 (well, actually I am OK for sleeping so call it 16x7). For several months, the only time I was no in discomfort was while swimming, thus making it REALLY REALLY easy to get motivated to hit the pool.

I am able to ride the trainer and kind of itching to go outdoors as I literally have done nothing outdoors in 5 months which is the longest period of that in my life), but my wife has put a "soft ban" on any outdoors in the cold as she is worried, that spasms may increase when my body is cold and slow down the healing. Normally I am your typical spouse doing exactly the oppposite of what I am told to do, but on this I better listen....given that April is not that warm around here, probably more trainer time and pool time. I have 2 biz trips to Europe and West coast so have to dig up some pools where I will be.
Quote Reply

Prev Next