Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Adidas Ultraboost - Anyone use them?
Quote | Reply
Im a lover of all things Hoka. Just wondering if any of you guys have tried out the Adidas Ultraboost shoes. Thoughts?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
New Training/Racing Log - http://www.earthdaykid.com/blog --- Old Training/Racing Log - http://colinlaughery.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Re: Adidas Ultraboost - Anyone use them? [colinlaughery] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was interested until I saw the MSRP.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
They are hosting a group run in 2 weeks. I'm excited to try them out. But at that price, I bet the only way I'll leave with a pair is if I get lucky in the raffle.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have run with the energy boost for the past year and justify the cost because they last far longer than any other running shoes I've had. At 180 lbs my shoes normally last 300-400 miles but my energy boost went 700+ on the first pair and my second pair is 600 miles and going strong. So when my local shop did a test run of the ultra boost last night I checked them out. I only ran about 3-4 minutes but the first impression was very positive. They felt way more flexible than the energy, and the padding felt pretty good too. The upper was awesome, the lining felt like it would be comfortable barefoot, and the tongue was much improved. The only downside was that they are harder to put on your feet, the pull tab on the heel is slippery and too small to grip hard enough to quickly pull the shoe on, it could use a loop of some sort. I asked about mileage and they expect it to last as long as the energy, but I am a little skeptical just based on how they felt. But despite the skepticism, I love the energy enough to give the ultra a shot so I ordered a pair.

Powertap / Cycleops / Saris
Quote Reply
Re: Adidas Ultraboost - Anyone use them? [Tulkas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tulkas wrote:
I have run with the energy boost for the past year and justify the cost because they last far longer than any other running shoes I've had. At 180 lbs my shoes normally last 300-400 miles but my energy boost went 700+ on the first pair and my second pair is 600 miles and going strong. So when my local shop did a test run of the ultra boost last night I checked them out. I only ran about 3-4 minutes but the first impression was very positive. They felt way more flexible than the energy, and the padding felt pretty good too. The upper was awesome, the lining felt like it would be comfortable barefoot, and the tongue was much improved. The only downside was that they are harder to put on your feet, the pull tab on the heel is slippery and too small to grip hard enough to quickly pull the shoe on, it could use a loop of some sort. I asked about mileage and they expect it to last as long as the energy, but I am a little skeptical just based on how they felt. But despite the skepticism, I love the energy enough to give the ultra a shot so I ordered a pair.

I also got way more miles out of this shoe. I only retired them because I run sockless and the stink was too much. My only grips were that the tongue was too narrow and the laces sucked.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
For racing, if I were using Adidas I'd go with the Boston 5. Lighter, and a great shoe. Maybe for training runs the UB might make sense, but I have tons of training run shoes. (Hoka, Newton, Adidas, NB)
Who are these shoes for? Heavy guy to do training runs? Ok.....

-Robert

"How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world." ~Anne Frank
Quote Reply