Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Never Stop Racing - I Got Fat [JSully] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Last night I got interrupted by my little girl calling out for me when she awoke. That had to be addressed so I ended up going to sleep too. She is the best.

Anyway I was going to say I'm going to hit some pretty decent goals this year anyway. The key is to set incremental, challenging, but achievable goals. There are no easy secrets.

The diet isn't a secret either everyone knows what to do just no one does it. Once I started being a lot more honest and careful, weight started falling off faster. No soda or any sugary drink. Hell sugar in most all forms is bad. Meals consist of protein and vegetables and fruits. Bread, no.... pasta, no.... and refined carb hell no. Your carbs come from fruits. Water, water or water? Would you like a refill on your water? I do sometimes have unsweet tea with lemon, but that's it as far as drinks 95% of the time. The wife and I do indulge in a cheat meal once a week. It keeps you sane. It also usually upsets the body and and makes you purge now. Salt, yuk. Now whenever I eat any restaurant or prepared anything I can literally taste how oversalted everything is. It makes me cringe. I love burgers.... I make them at home. I have no cheese on them, I put all the veggies on top, plate them and eat them with knife and fork no bun. My favorite side dishes are tomato, cucumber and onion salad and my wifes squash, onion, zuchinni with real bacon bit succotash. You can still eat great tasting dishes, but you have to make them most often. We will go out to eat steak, no bread, no potato, get salad and a side of grilled asparagus. It's still a great dinner, just way better for you than with that tater you don't need.

JSully, 7 months to respiratory issues! Damn I'm sorry. I'm in my 3rd week now and have pneumonia. I'm going to recover from this ditch IMFL and do a much closer to home half distance non-WTC race instead. I'm changing my goals to match what I can do and I'm going to do it. The key is to make goals and do your best to keep them. No secrets. Having a full life and staying fit is hard work. I'm seriously more impressed by some of the top AG people I know than just about anything. Some of them that are independently wealthy or trophy husbands not so much, but the working/parental ones are just amazing. Kudos to the people that can do it all. I'm still learning.

--------------------------------------------------------

You will remain the same person, before, during and after the race. So the result, no matter how important, will not define you. The journey is what matters. ~ Chrissie W.
Quote Reply
Re: Never Stop Racing - I Got Fat [AnthonyS] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Oh it wasn't 7 months straight of being sick. It was one long bout of sickness, and another short(well, comparatively...two weeks, one of which I was hospitalized). It was looking at Strava(or the clock at the pool) and going, 'goddamn, I was faster 7 months ago despite trying harder now'.

Though now I think I might have a THIRD case of pneumonia this year. FUCK. THIS. SHIT. First time I've ran regularly in 12 years, too.
Last edited by: JSully: Aug 11, 15 22:18
Quote Reply
Re: Never Stop Racing - I Got Fat [JSully] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JSully wrote:
Got north of 300ish, should be 175-185. Down to ~190.

Damn that is awesome! How long did it take you? I am on a similar path, with similar stats. I was at ~ 315 and now am at 280. Just cutting out junk food binges and adding training again has been super effective, but I am doomsday foreseeing a huge plateau around 250s... I don't know why but it almost seems too easy now? It just feels like there is a mega plateau coming up in my future. So probably when I get stuck I'll dial in the diet even more.

Do you mind answering- did you get loose skin? I'm not really stressing it aesthetically speaking, but am nervous about chaffing issues for IMFL... I was much slimmer back when I did IMLOU and IMLP and had chaffing during those races even with no lose skin. My PCP mentioned if you say you're getting a rash from the loose skin that insurance might cover the removal surgery.

Chlorine is my perfume
Quote Reply
Re: Never Stop Racing - I Got Fat [TheSlugLife] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TheSlugLife wrote:
JSully wrote:
Got north of 300ish, should be 175-185. Down to ~190.

Damn that is awesome! How long did it take you? I am on a similar path, with similar stats. I was at ~ 315 and now am at 280. Just cutting out junk food binges and adding training again has been super effective, but I am doomsday foreseeing a huge plateau around 250s... I don't know why but it almost seems too easy now? It just feels like there is a mega plateau coming up in my future. So probably when I get stuck I'll dial in the diet even more.

Do you mind answering- did you get loose skin? I'm not really stressing it aesthetically speaking, but am nervous about chaffing issues for IMFL... I was much slimmer back when I did IMLOU and IMLP and had chaffing during those races even with no lose skin. My PCP mentioned if you say you're getting a rash from the loose skin that insurance might cover the removal surgery.

~15 months. Got down to 190, got super sick, ended up at a very sick ~175, docs told me to eat all I wanted for three months, got back up to 200, I think I'm at ~190 now(195+ I jiggle when I run, but not less...and I just stopped jiggling).

No loose skin, but I'm one of those fortunate people that puts on weight everywhere, so nowhere really bulged(Except my dick, of course. But that's a different issue). I also lifted regularly for the first 6-8 months, and so that bulk meant I lost size slower than I was losing weight. Last time I was running every day I was ~165-175. I find that I do chafe if I run with underwear on(or cycle in normal clothes), but not without. It bunches up, which causes chafing. Which is exacerbated the heavier I am. So commando it is! I didn't have the problem when I'm skinny.

I'm listed at 6'2" to 6'5", I usually say 6'3" or 6'4". So my build is naturally pretty lanky.

I do have some stretch marks.
Quote Reply

Prev Next