Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Trek 2014 SC BTA and garmin-are you using the mount?
Quote | Reply
Just curious if you are using the bontrager cage and odd rubbery/plastic half moon to mount your garmin, or are you using a regular cage and mounting your garmin on the extensions, or at the far end of the mono extensions before it splits into the aero bars.

Pics would be great, I'm just looking for computer mount positions specifically with the bta.

I have the bontrager cage, but might just use a regular cage and short bottle up top, then add a cage behind my seat, and maybe one on my frame. That would be more "aero" than a bottle on my down tube right?
Last edited by: littlefoot: Feb 21, 15 18:42
Quote Reply
Re: Trek 2014 SC BTA and garmin-are you using the mount? [littlefoot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
I have the bontrager cage, but might just use a regular cage and short bottle up top, then add a cage behind my seat, and maybe one on my frame. That would be more "aero" than a bottle on my down tube right?

First, let's get this out of the way: I'm 95% sure Carl (of Trek) has mentioned a round bottle on your downtube is your best bet. If you use an "aero" bottle mount it as low as you can on the seat tube.

I've used the garmin mount on the bontrager cage. Not a fan. You really have to look down to see it. I'm currently working on a forward mount with Glen Alden that's a piece of CF that attaches between the Bontrager cage and the CF extension. It extends out to nearly the end of the mono extension and elevates the garmin so that it would sit just above your wrists (this thread just reminded me I need to email him new dimensions).
Last edited by: GreenPlease: Feb 21, 15 19:44
Quote Reply
Re: Trek 2014 SC BTA and garmin-are you using the mount? [littlefoot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
using the bta bontrager cage, then the K-edge TT garmin mount .... but i run straight sticks, so not sure if that set-up would work the same w/ other bends....
Quote Reply
Re: Trek 2014 SC BTA and garmin-are you using the mount? [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks that is good to know. I mounted a regular cage on the basket that I bought alone, and might sell the bontrager cage. Not sure.

If you don't mind keep me posted on the glen alden design, and price if you are om with it . I think the bta m k unt from trek is too high for me, and might do some simple zipp tt aero mount for the garmin.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i use an xlab cage with barfly tt mount. The barfly fits nicely inbetween the mono bars even on the 's' bends. I sold the bonty cage and mount, it sticks very much up in the air and as pointed out, you have to look straight down.
Quote Reply
Re: Trek 2014 SC BTA and garmin-are you using the mount? [coates_hbk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks. I will try selling or trading it. Id like to get the speed box for the top tube.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have purchased an Alden garmin mount and plan to use this instead of the bonty cage mount. As others have said the computer is too far back to see and it sticks up too high. I'm interested in the mount green is working on but I already bought my mount so I'm sure it will work just great.
Quote Reply
Re: Trek 2014 SC BTA and garmin-are you using the mount? [lestoad] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How muchwas your alden mount? You can pm me if you want.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
its on his website. i think its ~$40
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i wish i had seen this before:

http://www.trisports.com/...DAksQCFUk2gQodmakAAw

I use this:

http://www.profile-design.com/...essories/ucm-ucm-xl/

purchase the extra large: it won't fit, just remove the cap on the closed end and it fits like a glove!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
+1 on the last post. wife is running the same garmin mount in the same place with the bontrager bottle mount and a profile design aero bottle thing.

Andy Mullen
Team Zoot
Quote Reply