Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Adamo Podium on a road bike?
Quote | Reply
Love this saddle on my tri bike, considering one for my new road bike. Anyone have experience with these saddles on a road fit? Am I a weird heathen among roadies to consider this?
Quote Reply
Re: Adamo Podium on a road bike? [surroundhound] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You might get made fun of by the types of roadies who make fun of people for their gear. But sometimes those people just make fun of people because they think it's what they're supposed to do, and because they have no life. I wouldn't worry about it -- it's pathetic when an adult hobby/fitness comes along with teasing that is on par with the teasing on a kindergarten playground.

I switch around my saddles from time to time, and I have put an Adamo on my road bike, with good success. I also have a traditional saddle with a big cut-out that I use.

I just recommend moving the tri one to your road bike to try it out first, especially if your seat-tube angles and fit between bikes are different.
Quote Reply
Re: Adamo Podium on a road bike? [AG Tri Newbie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks... The selle italia superflow was another one I was considering (more of a traditional road saddle, but with a big cutout). Don't think I can justify the extra $$ though...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have an ISM Adamo Road on my tri bike,
Quote Reply
Re: Adamo Podium on a road bike? [Mell] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Have had the podium on my road bike for last 3 years. Works awesome.

“Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring.”
¯ Desmond Tutu
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I got so use to the adamo ism on my tri bike, when I got my road bike, I decided to keep it. Weird looks and a lot of questions at the rest stops but I'm older and don't care.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My Felt AR has a ISM Adamo Attack saddle and I love it. Who cares what others think or say, compact cranks, saddle type, etc. Setup your bike to match you as a rider best. I actually have one on both bikes to make switching seamless as can be. Anybody hating on me for that isn't worth hearing.

------
"Train so you have no regrets @ the finish line"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I had an Adamo Prologue on my R5. Sold the bike, kept the saddle. Love it.

Re: Adamo Podium on a road bike? [darkhorsetri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've had a few stupid comments at start lines about the saddle. Never at the finish though...
Quote Reply
Post deleted by Jimster [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
surroundhound wrote:
Love this saddle on my tri bike, considering one for my new road bike. Anyone have experience with these saddles on a road fit? Am I a weird heathen among roadies to consider this?

The saddle is for your own comfort not anyone else's.. why worry?

Formerly known SCENERYNW
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have Adamo on both my road and TT bikes and love it. I don't get comments anymore but did a few years ago. Now I tend to get questions about the choice and if I like it. Once I give them the reason why, they understand my decision. There is no sense in being uncomfortable by choice if you don't have to be...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
http://www.dashcycles.com/stock-saddles/strike

Or even better, get the integrated post/saddle for the cleanest possible setup! But it's not cheap. Then again, the best rarely is.

Amateur recreational hobbyist cyclist
https://www.strava.com/athletes/337152
https://vimeo.com/user11846099
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I had one on my roadie until it died in a crash.
I loved the seamless switching back and forth between bikes as I have a road on my tri bike.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
surroundhound wrote:
Thanks... The selle italia superflow was another one I was considering (more of a traditional road saddle, but with a big cutout). Don't think I can justify the extra $$ though...

Yeah, when not using the ISM/Adamo on my road bike, the "traditional looking" saddle I use is a Selle Italia that's like the Superflow. It might be an earlier version of it -- big cutout. Got it for probably $80 on sale (it's white so it was cheaper) and it's pretty comfortable. I like Selle Italia, because they make wider versions of their saddle (I need a traditional saddle to be around 145 mm).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have used the BreakAway on my road bike
saddle offers may sit positions...all comfortable
its a versatile saddle compared to the chop nosed saddles.

Retul Certified Fitter. gebioMized Pressure Mapping http://www.PedPowerPerformLab.com.
Retailer of Wahoo Fitness, Sable Water Optics, Enve Composit, Giro and more.
Zone3 USA Ambassador - use code DEAN25 for 25% off
http://www.OasisOne-Twelve.com - The ultimate hands free hydration system.
https://www.athlinks.com/athletes/19354499 - results.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
FWIW - My wife who races Pro 1/2 on the road, uses one, and I see a number of other women at this level using them!

Saddles are all about what works for YOU!

Steve Fleck @stevefleck | Blog
Quote Reply
Re: Adamo Podium on a road bike? [AG Tri Newbie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
AG Tri Newbie wrote:
surroundhound wrote:

Yeah, when not using the ISM/Adamo on my road bike, the "traditional looking" saddle I use is a Selle Italia that's like the Superflow. It might be an earlier version of it -- big cutout. Got it for probably $80 on sale (it's white so it was cheaper) and it's pretty comfortable. I like Selle Italia, because they make wider versions of their saddle (I need a traditional saddle to be around 145 mm).

Wow, killer deal on that saddle. I decided to go ahead with the Podium. It has worked so well for me on the tri bike, Now all I need is some weather warmer than -30 to go ride this thing. :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Since your sitting differently on it, I was going to say get the Prologue as its the softest of the shape (Podium firmest, Breakaway softer, then Prologue softest).

<We all know that light travels faster than sound. That's why certain people appear bright until you hear them speak>
Quote Reply
Re: Adamo Podium on a road bike? [dmacandcheese] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah, I considered that... But I ended up sticking with the podium. I really like the feel of sitting "on top" rather than sinking in, even on super long rides. Went in for my fitting yesterday, and everything felt good. Can't wait for all this snow to melt, I'm done with it... Time for biking season!!
Quote Reply