Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Sufferfest videos - lets go for two
Quote | Reply
Such a bummer with Ernie Banks.

With the videos, ever throw down two videos in a row? I've heard of the sufferfest platinum club or whatever of 10 in a row but I have at least two hours of trainer love on Saturday and why not go Fight Club twice.

Which video or videos did you roll with?

Disco
South Bend, IN

Habitual Line Stepper..
Quote Reply
Re: Sufferfest videos - lets go for two [triscooteremu] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I often add them together to get whatever my training plan calls for that day time wise. I like adding Extra Shot to any of the other ones. It is good, but not too much, when added to any of the others.

http://www.runandtrimommy.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Re: Sufferfest videos - lets go for two [klimb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've never thought of pairing them...to be honest 1 video usually kills me...right now its The Rookie and Nine Hammers. I can't imagine doing both of them, so you scale back the difficulty?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Extra Shot and The Long Scream are designed for this. Do Hell Hath No Fury with The Long Scream and you'll have a nice workout in.

Since you're in Indiana, maybe you can join us for The SUFFERdraiser II in early 2016 (TBD) and become a Knight of Sufferlandria!

Travis Rassat
Vector Cycle Works
Noblesville, IN
BikeFit Instructor | FMS | F.I.S.T. | IBFI
Toughman Triathlon Series Ambassador
Quote Reply
Re: Sufferfest videos - lets go for two [Travis R] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've done HHNF, The Hunted and Local Hero with Extra Shot added a couple times last year.

TrainingBible Coaching
http://www.trainingbible.com
Quote Reply
Re: Sufferfest videos - lets go for two [Travis R] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I possibly would have to scale it back a tad. Especially with the hill repeats but with fight club, the hill repeats are what gives you the most gain so not too much scaling back.

With sufferlandria, depends on when. I'm pretty sure but not guaranteed I'll be training for Boston. Come September, I'll know. Where is it held?

Disco
South Bend, IN

Habitual Line Stepper..
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It was held at The Cycle Studio in Carmel, Indiana this year (January 11). We're working on something even bigger for 2016, so the location is not yet set in stone. I'm hoping we'll have something in the next 2-3 weeks that we could announce. We set a record for the most people to earn their Knighthood (19) and maybe we'll break our own record next year!

Travis Rassat
Vector Cycle Works
Noblesville, IN
BikeFit Instructor | FMS | F.I.S.T. | IBFI
Toughman Triathlon Series Ambassador
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Those of us doing the Tour of Sufferlandria will be doing 3 in a row on Saturday. Revolver, Violator and Half is Easy. And we did two in a row last weekend (Elements of Style and Long Scream).
Quote Reply
Re: Sufferfest videos - lets go for two [thugbuster] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So it shouldn't be a problem for me huh.

Disco
South Bend, IN

Habitual Line Stepper..
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Our little studio has 5 CompuTrainers and we have two sessions on Tuesday and Thursday, back to back. This time of year, attendance can be spotty, so there are frequently slots in both sessions. I always want to ride with my athletes if there's an opportunity, so I frequently get two Sufferfest videos a night. We did Revolver on Tuesday, so that's 32 intervals, which left me a bit wobbly. Last night was Fight Club, and two of those was all I wanted.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I double them up all the time. Winter long rides are generally two to three hours and the weather isn't conducive to outside riding. I use the ones that have the long intervals in them as they are best for triathlon purposes. So like The Hunted, The Wretched, HHNF, ISLAGIATT, The Long Scream, etc. Just string them together to make whatever length of time the training plan calls for, and I usually reduce the setting in TrainerRoad to about 90% (otherwise the combined TSS of two videos is too much)
Quote Reply