Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Ruster Hen House Dimensions [sentania] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sentania wrote:
Figured I'd follow up on this. I bought an armored hen house and used it to fly to IMTX from Milwaukee.

When I checked in at MKE I had no issues, I was charged the normal checked bag fees. I also got the impression that the ticket agent knew exactly what was in the bags.

When I departed IAH - again no issues, I was charged the normal fees - no bike feed. I again got the impression that the ticket agent knew what was in the bags.

I arrived at MKE via a different flight than booked because of delays at IAH - and my bike arrived the next day. The person at the baggage claim office said to me "I bet you're glad your bike showed up with no problems."

Long story short - I saved $230 bucks on baggage fees - and will be very close to breaking even after one more flight - all while the airlines apparently know that it is a bike.

Congrats! On my way to Texas and returning the ticket agent (Southwest) asked if it was a bike and I replied that it was. Neither time did I have to pay a bike fee. I have already paid for the Hen House with saved bike fees, now I am working on recovering the cost of the Dimond! That one may take a while...
Quote Reply

Prev Next