Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Garmin Vector firmware update failed
Quote | Reply
I went to update my Vectors today, the left went fine. The right then got stuck at verifying. They now no longer work at all! The updater finds the left pedal but not the left!!!

Has anyone had any luck resolving this issue as I am about to throw my bike out the window

I learned a long time ago that the only pertinent information you offer is found within the last sentence.
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin Vector firmware update failed [mopshiv] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Have you popped the batteries and retried the updater?

-
My tiny little slice of the internets: dcrainmaker.com
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin Vector firmware update failed [dcrainmaker] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes many times. Tried reinstalling the update software, unplugging the connectors everything I could think of. No luck...

Went out for an hour ride and at 57min they started to appear on the Edge 500 again, hopefully they have sorted themselves out but will report back tomorrow.

I learned a long time ago that the only pertinent information you offer is found within the last sentence.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Strange.

I'd do a recalibration before your next ride, fwiw.

-
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
dcrainmaker wrote:
Have you popped the batteries and retried the updater?
Better yet: Replace the batteries with new ones before doing a firmware update. This way the update doesn't choke halfway through because of the batteries sagging during the extra load that reprogramming requires.

Less is more.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I bought the Vectors when they were first released. I tried updating them middle of last year some time. Replaced the batteries and followed instructions to the letter with no success. Messed with it for about 2-3 hours. I finally gave up. However, they still worked fine afterwords. I calibrate them before every ride via my edge and manually spinning backwards. I have seen multiple people have issues trying to update firmware. I just said hell with it and decided am not going to update them unless they stop working. Too much of a pain in the ass.

"Just don’t abandon everything you’ve ever learned because of something someone said on the internet." - Eric McGinnis
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin Vector firmware update failed [ScottWrigleyFit] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah, I did a second pair a few weeks ago that was finicky on the firmware update for the Cycling Dynamics. I swapped out the batteries (for new fresh ones) and it immediately went through (after of course I retried a bunch of times).

That said, if you have problems, I'd really give the Garmin support folks a call. The Vector division is top notch to deal with (really no different than dealing with the solid customer service of Quarq or PowerTap, among others). I don't think I've ever heard of anyone upset with the CS department (at either of those groups).

-
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
dcrainmaker wrote:
Yeah, I did a second pair a few weeks ago that was finicky on the firmware update for the Cycling Dynamics. I swapped out the batteries (for new fresh ones) and it immediately went through (after of course I retried a bunch of times).

That said, if you have problems, I'd really give the Garmin support folks a call. The Vector division is top notch to deal with (really no different than dealing with the solid customer service of Quarq or PowerTap, among others). I don't think I've ever heard of anyone upset with the CS department (at either of those groups).

Thanks for the input! It is not as frustrating knowing that someone with as much fitness technology experience as you has issues with it. Next time I give it a go, if I still have issues I will definitely call Vector CS.

"Just don’t abandon everything you’ve ever learned because of something someone said on the internet." - Eric McGinnis
Quote Reply