Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Recommend A Dog Friendly Hotel in or near Boulder CO
Quote | Reply

Due to injury I have transferred out of IM Texas and into Ironman Boulder. Now I have to search for a dog friendly hotel in or near Boulder. Our dog is a 90 lbs mastiff/lab mix, very friendly and for the most part quiet. She competes with me when it comes to snoring though. I have looked at a couple of websites and found some hotels but would appreciate any suggestions from people familiar with the area.

Thanks,

Once, I was fast. But I got over it.
Quote Reply
Re: Recommend A Dog Friendly Hotel in or near Boulder CO [hblake] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This is not the exact answer you want, but try going to VRBO instead of a hotel. Thats how I travel to races now. Usually the same price (or cheaper) than a hotel. More room for you bike and gear. Pet friendly (especially in Boulder). Plus the kitchen to cook what you want to eat.

http://www.vrbo.com/...p;to-date=2015-08-03

Jeff Abbott - @run1fast
jabbott@headsweats.com
Headsweats - Custom Team singlets $8 / Cycling Jerseys $25
Abbott Event Solutions - Brand Rep and Event Manager
Quote Reply
Re: Recommend A Dog Friendly Hotel in or near Boulder CO [abbottj123] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My son's house. He has two roommates who smoke a lot of weed, but they have a couch and a dog named Wayne who would share his bed.
Quote Reply
Re: Recommend A Dog Friendly Hotel in or near Boulder CO [hblake] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
hblake wrote:

Due to injury I have transferred out of IM Texas and into Ironman Boulder. Now I have to search for a dog friendly hotel in or near Boulder. Our dog is a 90 lbs mastiff/lab mix, very friendly and for the most part quiet. She competes with me when it comes to snoring though. I have looked at a couple of websites and found some hotels but would appreciate any suggestions from people familiar with the area.

Thanks,

I was in Boulder with my pup in September and rented a cabin here. I HIGHLY recommend it:

http://www.chautauqua.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Recommend A Dog Friendly Hotel in or near Boulder CO [matthaiduk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yep, VRBO, but get it early. We go back to Boulder every summer now and good spots fill up fast.

Some days I want to cry over selling my place at 9th and Walnut when I got engaged and moved to Phoenix. Then again, made a shitload of cash on it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Stay in Longmont ... not as cool as Boulder, but cheaper and it will be easy to get to the Boulder res. Try to find something on the west side of Longmont near 119/Diagonal at Hover. Holiday Inn Express on Dry Creek Drive would be a good location and they allow pets.

"In case of flood climb to safety"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"Korean House" is pretty dog friendly... not so much a hotel as such.....

PS:- any interpretation implying they may use puppies as ingredients is purely coincidental and NOT based on fact in any way... probably..
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There is a La Quinta in Louisville one exit away from Boulder on US36. I'm pretty sure that all La Quintas are dog friendly.
Quote Reply
Re: Recommend A Dog Friendly Hotel in or near Boulder CO [Toothless] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

I saw that La Quinta in Louisville. Any idea how far from the race site that is or even from packet pick-up? Is Louisville a nice area?

Thanks.

Once, I was fast. But I got over it.
Quote Reply
Re: Recommend A Dog Friendly Hotel in or near Boulder CO [Toothless] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Toothless wrote:
There is a La Quinta in Louisville one exit away from Boulder on US36. I'm pretty sure that all La Quintas are dog friendly.

Yup. It's at the point that when we travel with our doggies (newf and a g.retriever) that we target La Quinta Inns. They are pretty much the only real dog friendly hotel that we've found.

Other hotels claim to be dog friendly until you read the fine print, which typically says that only 1 dog and under 30 pounds (basically, they want canine cats). Then, they charge an additional $50 fee for 'cleaning', which I assume means that they are paying their barely min wage staff an extra 4 hours to focus of the additional vacuuming.

Take a short break from ST and read my blog:
http://tri-banter.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Recommend A Dog Friendly Hotel in or near Boulder CO [Tri-Banter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tri-Banter wrote:
Toothless wrote:

Yup. It's at the point that when we travel with our doggies (newf and a g.retriever) that we target La Quinta Inns. They are pretty much the only real dog friendly hotel that we've found.

Other hotels claim to be dog friendly until you read the fine print, which typically says that only 1 dog and under 30 pounds (basically, they want canine cats). Then, they charge an additional $50 fee for 'cleaning', which I assume means that they are paying their barely min wage staff an extra 4 hours to focus of the additional vacuuming.

Motel 6's are almost all large dog friendly. I've only stayed in one that charged a $25 pet deposit... and it was refunded upon checkout without them even looking at my room.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The Westin Westminster on HWY 36 is dog-friendly and close to great training grounds (run on dry creek trail, ride the Morgul Bismark loop or anything around standley lake, a pool at the Westminster Rec center 1 mile away). Plus you won't have to deal with Boulder which is a big savings in $ and headache. Boulder is a nightmare during IM week.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The La Quinta is a good location if you dont want to be in Boulder. It is about 20mins to the race expo and packet pickup. It is about 30mins to the Res where the swim is. One person mentioned to stay in Longmont as it has easy access to the Res. But that really wont matter. If they do it like last year, you have to go to downtown Boulder to get on a bus to get to the Res on race morning. The La Quinta is about the same distance (maybe 5mins closer) to downtown Boulder than Longmont is.
That area is ok as there are some restaurants and a whole foods near by. If you havent been to Boulder before, come on downtown for your meals and to walk around and check out the vibe of the town. Pearl st is really fun and lots going on that weekend. Then just drive back out to the La Quinta.

Jeff Abbott - @run1fast
jabbott@headsweats.com
Headsweats - Custom Team singlets $8 / Cycling Jerseys $25
Abbott Event Solutions - Brand Rep and Event Manager
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Residence Inn by Marriott is dog friendly. That's where I always stay. Free breakfast that is decent and has a kitchen in every room.
Quote Reply
Re: Recommend A Dog Friendly Hotel in or near Boulder CO [abbottj123] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Louisville is about 10-15 minutes to Downtown Boulder. Longmont is a little further, although it is on the same side of town as the Reservoir.

I lived in Louisville for 8 years and think it is great. Old Town has nice restaurants, and there are miles of bike paths and a dog park.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Around Boulder? You'll have more trouble finding a people-friendly hotel than a dog one.

----------------------------------------------------------
Zen and the Art of Triathlon. Strava Workout Log
Interviews with Chris McCormack, Helle Frederikson, Angela Naeth, and many more.
http://www.zentriathlon.com
Quote Reply