Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Pairing Garmin 310XT with GSC-10 for use with TrainerRoad
Quote | Reply
I have searched to forum for this but can't find this issue discussed so sorry if I missed it. I have a 310XT and just got the GSC-10 cadence/speed sensor for use with TrainerRoad.

I cannot pair the watch and the sensors. The 310 XT owners manual gives these instructions to pair with GSC-10:

Press Mode>select Settings
>Bike Settings>bike name>ANT+Spd/CAD
Select YES in Bike Sensors Present field
If necessary, press More for sensor type

My first problem: After pressing Mode and Settings I do not have an option called Bike Settings, so I never get to an option for Bike Name or ANT+Spd/CAD.

My second problem (hopefully caused because I haven't yet paired the Garmin devices) is that Trainerroad does not detect my devices.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Quote Reply
Re: Pairing Garmin 310XT with GSC-10 for use with TrainerRoad [TxDude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Couple ideas here...

• Probably a dumb question but are you in biking mode? This wont work if you are in running or other modes..
  • For Trainer road to work you dont need to connect the sensor with your garmin.. just with your computer.
  • When you are trying to pair sensors with trainer road have you ensured that all garmin software that might try to use the data from your ANT+ stick has been completely quit out of?
  • You have an ANT+ stick plugged into your computer right?

Quote Reply
Re: Pairing Garmin 310XT with GSC-10 for use with TrainerRoad [TxDude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Since you seem to be having issues with it syncing with both TR and the 310 have you verified that it is picking up the magnets, turning on and then transmitting?

The rest button should be blinking either just as it is waiting to transmit or you may have to spin the wheel/pedal to get it to blink I forget.

Is it blinking?
Quote Reply
Re: Pairing Garmin 310XT with GSC-10 for use with TrainerRoad [rlh212] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rlh212 wrote:
Couple ideas here...

• Probably a dumb question but are you in biking mode? This wont work if you are in running or other modes..
  • For Trainer road to work you dont need to connect the sensor with your garmin.. just with your computer.
  • When you are trying to pair sensors with trainer road have you ensured that all garmin software that might try to use the data from your ANT+ stick has been completely quit out of?

Not dumb questions...I'm probably a dumb pilot here. I've had the watch for 3 years and done nothing with it's set-up since then...answers below:

Pretty sure I'm in Multisport mode. I will check watch tonight when I get home.

I'm trying to connect Trainerroad iPhone app to the GSC-10 sensor via bluetooth. No computer involved but I can try from my computer if necessary. Of course it would be great to pair sensors to Garmin as well. The message I get in Trainerroad app is "no device found". I have confirmed the GSC-10 is working properly.

I am not using computer/ANT + stick and have never connected my Garmin to computer for any data download. Don't even think I have an ANT + stick anymore. I've only used the watch for GPS and pacing.

Not using computer, was trying to connect iPhone app to my GSC-10.

So it sounds like I can't pair an iPhone app with my sensors. Guess I don't understand the purpose of the iPhone app then. Maybe after I properly pair the devices by getting into Bike mode it will work.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The speed and cadence sensors are separate sensors. Look for ANT+ Speed AND Cadence not Spd/Cad. Trainer Road will then pick up the separate sensors as well as the Garmin.

Speed/Cad means there is one sensor for both Speed/Cadence. Speed AND Cadence means 2 separate sensors with 2 separate data stream. You will see 2 separate items show up on the Garmin GUI for searching for each signal.

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Last edited by: BryanD: Jan 26, 15 12:59
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TxDude wrote:
I'm trying to connect Trainerroad iPhone app to the GSC-10 sensor via bluetooth.

GSC-10 is ANT+ only cannot connect via Bluetooth
Quote Reply
Re: Pairing Garmin 310XT with GSC-10 for use with TrainerRoad [BryanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BryanD wrote:
The speed and cadence sensors are separate sensors. Look for ANT+ Speed AND Cadence not Spd/Cad. Trainer Road will then pick up the separate sensors as well as the Garmin.

Speed/Cad means there is one sensor for both Speed/Cadence. Speed AND Cadence means 2 separate sensors with 2 separate data stream. You will see 2 separate items show up on the Garmin GUI for searching for each signal.

Garmin (and TR from what I recall setting up) has separate selections for Speed only, Cadence only and Speed/Cadence.

GSC-10 is Speed/Cadence so he was choosing the right thing.
Quote Reply
Re: Pairing Garmin 310XT with GSC-10 for use with TrainerRoad [mrtopher1980] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
^ This.

You either need one of there plugged into your phone: link

Or one of these to plug into your computer: link
Quote Reply
Re: Pairing Garmin 310XT with GSC-10 for use with TrainerRoad [mrtopher1980] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Doh. I forgot about that. I know when I upgraded to their new sensors you had to change to Speed and Cadence. My bad

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
mrtopher1980 wrote:
TxDude wrote:

I'm trying to connect Trainerroad iPhone app to the GSC-10 sensor via bluetooth.

GSC-10 is ANT+ only cannot connect via Bluetooth

Aha...that's my problem. Will go the computer route with ANT+. Thanks for everyone's comments!
Quote Reply
Re: Pairing Garmin 310XT with GSC-10 for use with TrainerRoad [rlh212] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rlh212 wrote:
^ This.

You either need one of there plugged into your phone: link

Or one of these to plug into your computer: link

Thanks for this!
Quote Reply