Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Quarq bb30 in 2013 P2
Quote | Reply
I found some info searching the forum, but not quite exactly the answer I was searching for. I bought a quarq Riken about a month ago (new model) to use in my road bike and tri bike. Road bike is BB30 and I've had no problems there. For some reason I thought the P2 was BBright, but went to swap today and discovered it's Megaexo, which fits a 24 mm spindle... Can someone confirm that I can swap Megaexo for a threaded BSA30 in the P2, and the quarq will fit? I think it will from what I've read, but wanted to see if anyone has successfully done it. I'm gonna be real bummed if I can only use the PM on one bike.
Quote Reply
Re: Quarq bb30 in 2013 P2 [Tcorr44] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes it should work. You would remove the 11 mm spacer on drive side and the preload adjuster on nds the bearings will sit outboard on the bsa30 bb and will occupy the space those took up
Quote Reply
Re: Quarq bb30 in 2013 P2 [Tcorr44] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
+1 on the previous poster. I will work. You will need a few 0.5mm BB30 spacers and a wavy washer to make it work. As previous mentioned, remove the 11mm DS spacer and the preload adjuster on the NDS. The wavy washer goes on the NDS and should be just slightly compressed (not flat) once the crank is installed. Use the little 0.5mm spacers to get the preload right. Make sure you even out the spacers on both the NDS and DS to keep your chainline right. I ran this same set-up on my old B16 and my current Plasma premium using the 4130 BB (press-fit version of the BSA30).

Andy Mullen
Team Zoot
Quote Reply
Re: Quarq bb30 in 2013 P2 [zachboring] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the info guys. Happy to know it should work!
Quote Reply