Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Best Oakley Lenses for Cycling
Quote | Reply
Hi Everyone,

I recently got a set of oakley radarlocks in the carbon colorscheme, and they came with smoke and high contrast lenses. I'm thinking about getting a different lens tint for brighter conditions- any suggestions? The OO red iridium looks promising-- but has anyone had experience with photochromic lenses from oakley? Good, bad? Am I better sticking to fixed tints or is there a good photochromatic lens they offer?

Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: Best Oakley Lenses for Cycling [Ohiocyclist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Depends on how bright.
I like the OO Red a lot, I also use slate irid and jade irid.
Black irid or ice is good for super sunny- but they are pretty dark lenses. Think high elevation sunny.
I also like the Photochromic but none of them work that well for bright sun- they are more for changing conditions.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ohiocyclist wrote:
Hi Everyone,

I recently got a set of oakley radarlocks in the carbon colorscheme, and they came with smoke and high contrast lenses. I'm thinking about getting a different lens tint for brighter conditions- any suggestions? The OO red iridium looks promising-- but has anyone had experience with photochromic lenses from oakley? Good, bad? Am I better sticking to fixed tints or is there a good photochromatic lens they offer?

Thanks!

i have a ton of lenses and the one i reach to more often than any other is jade iridium, particularly for days with any amount of sun. i do live at 6,200', fwiw.

i use their photochromic (the one that starts clear--i think they have a few options) in specific scenarios and find it works quite well. e.g., i have a 204-mile race that starts before sunrise and finishes 9h later (or less!) and the photochromics are my choice there. photochromic lenses, in general, do not work as well in cold conditions.

i also like fire iridium for the brightest days.

i'm not a huge fan of the + red / OO red. i also do NOT like polarized lenses for cycling; if it's wet or icy on the road i'd like to see it, not see through it.

ymmv, of course.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
AFPLiverpool goalkeeper Simon Mignolet demands he or she is able to phase back into your firing brand immediately after producing surprise return to your staff. Possessing been slipped the fortnight before due to poor style, and lacking one more three matches, their comeback hasn't been most ordinary wind-surfing.

-------------------------------------
fifa 15 coins cheap fifa coins
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've used the +Red iridium lenses for years and find them useable in most conditions, personally. Whilst I might not wear them for winter riding, I've raced in both pouring rain and brillaint sunshine in them.

29 years and counting
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Photochromic is a must when you cycle in the evening or mornings. Clear/black photochromic is a great choice, but they don't get as dark as the black iridium, so in my opinion they're not the best for very bright days.

For me a couple of lenses is a must for many cycling situations. I'd say Black Iridium, Red or Jade, Clear/Black Photochromic and something like G40 for low light conditions is a must. There's really no a "do it all" lens out there. If you're looking for something with a contrast Blue Iridium might be a good alternative to the Red/Jade I suggested.
Last edited by: ak47: Jan 26, 15 9:17
Quote Reply
Re: Best Oakley Lenses for Cycling [ak47] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
OO Red is just dark enough for the brightest days, but not too dark to kill your morning/evening visibility...

I tweet!

Quote Reply
Re: Best Oakley Lenses for Cycling [ZackCapets] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have been using the red iridium in early mornings and afternoons and love them.
Quote Reply