Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Beer [camtdc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"The best part about winter is spending time in the mountains with friends - drinking beer and then skiing the next day followed by beers in the lodge and then the cabin and then skiing the next day. The start again. Doesn't matter if it's downhill or cross country"

I agree. Got back from our six hour x-country ski today and guess what our recovery drink was - you guessed it - a couple of beers. As I already said, life is far to short to not enjoy drinking a beer.
Quote Reply
Re: Beer [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Of course, it's impossible to enjoy any social events with friends without a beer.
Quote Reply
Re: Beer [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cerveloguy wrote:
"The best part about winter is spending time in the mountains with friends - drinking beer and then skiing the next day followed by beers in the lodge and then the cabin and then skiing the next day. The start again. Doesn't matter if it's downhill or cross country"

I agree. Got back from our six hour x-country ski today and guess what our recovery drink was - you guessed it - a couple of beers. As I already said, life is far to short to not enjoy drinking a beer.

Look at us agreeing on more stuff! :)

I freaking love a hot summer run followed by a ice cold beer. It's a fantastic way to cool off

who's smarter than you're? i'm!
Quote Reply
Re: Beer [warwicke36] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
warwicke36 wrote:
I haven't had Hi-Res... I love their regular Resin. How does it compare??

I like this year's Hi-Res better than last year's release actually. The ABV is slightly lower @ 10.5% vs. last year's 11.1%. It's basically their reg. Resin on EPO... essentially a modest, yet distinguishable 10% improvement all across the board. It's fantastic. I'd say grab it while you can.

I'm waiting to tap into my first 6-er of their new cycliquid "Beast Mode" porter on SuperBowl sunday. Hoping for good things there too.
Quote Reply
Re: Beer [Team_Doc28] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Cheers everyone, this thread is killing me and work cannot end soon enough.

The Rat Snake:
A Tribute Race at Gilbert Lake State Park, Laurens, NY May 16 2015
Follow the Rat Snake on Twitter
Quote Reply
Re: Beer [dforbes] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's amazing to me just how localized things have become recently. I live in the western Chicago burbs and in the last two years there has been a huge explosion of excellent beer made locally. There's (literally) about fifty quality breweries in the city itself, but there's increasingly lots of good stuff in the smaller suburban towns themselves. Just in the western burbs, Two Brothers is a stalwart, Solemn Oath is starting to kick some ass, Off Color is making some interesting stuff, Flesk is start to grow. Tiny local suburban places like Dry City, Penrose, Church Street and Urban Legend are springing up in seemingly every town. This city is awash in extremely obscure but quality beer. It's a call-back to the old days when every town would have an inn that brewed. I live ten minutes from at least eight places where I can buy growlers fresh out of the tanks.
Quote Reply
Re: Beer [raygovett] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If somebody can drink a fair number of beers each week and maintain weight that's great. But if they didn't drink those beers, then maybe they'd be 10 pounds lighter

Possibly. This assumes they're not replacing those beers with something else.
Quote Reply
Re: Beer [hiro11] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
agreed! it takes me an 8 hour round trip for this liquid gold.

The Rat Snake:
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
will trade gear/valuables for a case of that ?
Quote Reply
Re: Beer [rmg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rmg wrote:
will trade gear/valuables for a case of that ?

No wives.

The Rat Snake:
Quote Reply
Re: Beer [Tapeworm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tapeworm wrote:
Of course, it's impossible to enjoy any social events with friends without a beer.

Because that's what he said, right? Sigh.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hating you now!
Quote Reply
Re: Beer [WJS] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hahaha! My race has tons of it for $25 entry. If youre close to upstate NY.

The Rat Snake:
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Y'all know why I'm here...

Quote Reply
Re: Beer [k(id)] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
k(id) wrote:
Y'all know why I'm here...