Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Ironman Louisville Entries for 2015 [Naps a lot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So, quite a few additional spots this year. Classic WTC. No surprises it will take a while to sell out. Damn that bike course is going to be busy.

I have never heard anything about an AG start. The TT start allows them (WTC) to line up as many people as the want.

--------------------------------------------------------
John Behme
Charlotte, NC
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Louisville Entries for 2015 [japarker24] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
japarker24 wrote:
TJ56 wrote:
japarker24 wrote:
IronSnowman wrote:
....... it's a great one for a first full.

Well, it will be now that it is in October. :-)

Seriously, it is a great race!! It was my first and I've done it twice.

I did it for the first time last year. I would call it a "good" IM. If you want "great" then do IMMOO.

Have you done them both?

Yes. IMMOO 5 times and IMLOU once (and am signed up for this year). IMO LOU has the better bike and run courses but IMMOO has the best IM experience.
Last edited by: TJ56: Jan 22, 15 7:24
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Louisville Entries for 2015 [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Participant list is up on the website
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Louisville Entries for 2015 [RDL] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RDL wrote:
Participant list is up on the website

yes.it.is.

http://www.ironman.com/~/media/7e02c73d1778475b807bf0ac9a78d75e/im%20louisville.pdf
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Louisville Entries for 2015 [IronSnowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
IronSnowman wrote:
I'm in for my first full. Going with a guy that has done Louie before and he said it's a great one for a first full.

My first full IM as well. :)

Quote | Reply
Now that I got scared by this thread and signed up, I'm sure it won't sell out until August. Perfect marketing strategy!!!
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Louisville Entries for 2015 [Economist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My first WTC branded 140.6.

I'm doing it with a buddy, who will be doing his first 140.6 of any brand.

Trying to decide between Hyatt and Galt House. We both kind of signed up for a WTC race for all the hooplah, so staying at the Hyatt just to avoid it doesn't make much sense. However, being super close to the finish line for the couple of supporters we'll have in tow might be nice. Plus, I will (probably) finish a few hours ahead of him, and might prefer having the close location of the Hyatt as a place to shower and change before heading back to the finish to cheer him across the line.

Chris Harris
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Louisville Entries for 2015 [jbnc77] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Uh, they have always had over 3,000 entires. They had 3,018 in 2012. Not sure what you mean about additional entries.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Louisville Entries for 2015 [TrekGeek] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Post on Facebook a few minutes ago said less than 100 general entry slots remaining. Truly amazing. Definitely not the same race race as before.

------------------------
Loud pawls save lives
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Louisville Entries for 2015 [BionicMan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sold out now. this will be #4 for louisville. Good race, great finish. Hard to not do it when its 2 hours from your house.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Louisville Entries for 2015 [cmsamp3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Shit!!!!!!! I was wanting to get it! Guess an independent is in the cards this year....lots cheaper though, but hoping to get back to Kona! :-(
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Louisville Entries for 2015 [fe_dad] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hyatt. You won't be sorry. 2x Louisville finisher (stayed both times at the Hyatt )

Pink? Maybe. Maybe not. You decide.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Louisville Entries for 2015 [japarker24] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Looks like there is a new Embassy Suites opening right by the Hyatt this year, may check that too.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Louisville Entries for 2015 [cmsamp3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cmsamp3 wrote:
sold out now. this will be #4 for louisville. Good race, great finish. Hard to not do it when its 2 hours from your house.

I thought there would be more buzz about the early sell-out...especially since I don't believe it's ever sold out this early and a lot of folks think that previous "sell-outs" were just declarations for appearances sake. From a business perspective, WTC obviously made the right move. I know there are some folks that wanted to keep it in the heat, but if that's their thing then there is always Cozumel and Los Cabos.
Quote Reply

Prev Next