Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Bondi 4 [TriBodyboarder] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TriBodyboarder wrote:
fe_dad wrote:
Shucks, I loved the b3 fit....but my feet are super wide.

Same here. I wear my shoes very loose anyway, so the B3 worked for me. Time to stock up on those before they're gone.

What size do you wear? I have a pair of B3's brand new still in the box that I'm going to sell now that I know the B4 works better for me. Also have a pair of Conquests that I wore once for about 6 miles. Both size 12.

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TriBodyboarder wrote:
fe_dad wrote:
Shucks, I loved the b3 fit....but my feet are super wide.

Same here. I wear my shoes very loose anyway, so the B3 worked for me. Time to stock up on those before they're gone.

Also in the "I prefer a loose forefoot" category, Hokas are my long day shoe when comfort is my #1 goal, I like all the room up front when the day gets long and my feet get tired. Plus I do kinda have mutant feet... ;-)

I wonder if the b3 was a reaction to all the tearing the b2 had in its last redesign...but they went too wide and too high-volume for a lot of people's taste. I also tore the sides on my b2's where everyone else did and plenty of width in the same spot on my b3.

Edit: Ignore this paragraph, I just saw the new b4 review on the homepage. Thanks! I know I should wait for your review but I'll ask anyway... Dan, how does the shape of the b4 compare with the Conquest? Bad fit for me of the Conquest and to a lesser extent Clifton have influenced my feelings about the shape of Hokas lately... I did have success with the b2 but the same size Conquest was too narrow and seems longer. If the b4 fits me like the last iteration of the b2 then going up 1/2 size from my b3 would work for me--my b3 is 1/2 size smaller than b2 and both feel the same size, including length, which seems odd to me--and I'd have no complaints. (Though I still wish they'd make their forefoot shape a little less narrow in general...not a complaint, just a preference...haha!)
Last edited by: iswimslow: Jan 19, 15 7:12
Quote Reply
Re: Bondi 4 [GMAN19030] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
GMAN19030 wrote:

What size do you wear? I have a pair of B3's brand new still in the box that I'm going to sell now that I know the B4 works better for me. Also have a pair of Conquests that I wore once for about 6 miles. Both size 12.

Size 11, but thanks for offering.

------------------
My business-eBodyboarding.com
Quote Reply
Re: Bondi 4 [iswimslow] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
iswimslow wrote:
Dan, how does the shape of the b4 compare with the Conquest? Bad fit for me of the Conquest and to a lesser extent Clifton have influenced my feelings about the shape of Hokas lately... I did have success with the b2 but the same size Conquest was too narrow and seems longer. If the b4 fits me like the last iteration of the b2 then going up 1/2 size from my b3 would work for me--my b3 is 1/2 size smaller than b2 and both feel the same size, including length, which seems odd to me--and I'd have no complaints. (Though I still wish they'd make their forefoot shape a little less narrow in general...not a complaint, just a preference...haha!)

I think the B4 might be slightly wider than the Conquest and definitely wider than the Clifton. So B3>B4>Conquest>Clifton.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TriBodyboarder wrote:
GMAN19030 wrote:

Size 11, but thanks for offering.

If you're still looking to pick up a pair, for a limited time REI Outlet is selling b3s for $76.73 with an outlet sale on top of the discounted price. All sizes from 8.5 to 13.5. You'll see the final price after adding to cart.

http://m.rei.com/...s-mens-2014-closeout

Details on the sale: http://m.rei.com/...sm/bmsm-lp-mweb.html
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks!

------------------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The outsole, though, on the b3 wore out too quick for me. I'm in the stinsons, now. They are a little too snug, but ok...

Chris Harris
Quote Reply
Re: Bondi 4 [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I found the Bondi 3 significantly harder than the Bondi 2. Is the 4 as soft as the 2 or as hard as the 3?

“Read the transcript.”
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
iswimslow wrote:
If you're still looking to pick up a pair, for a limited time REI Outlet is selling b3s for $76.73 with an outlet sale on top of the discounted price. All sizes from 8.5 to 13.5. You'll see the final price after adding to cart.

http://m.rei.com/...s-mens-2014-closeout

Details on the sale: http://m.rei.com/...sm/bmsm-lp-mweb.html

Yep, apparently I'm also in the minority who likes the fit on the B3. I just picked up another two pairs of B3s for $133 (total) at REI Outlet. Looks like the sale is on for a couple more days.

I preferred the black ones I had instead of the "green glow" color, but can't pass up a good deal.
Quote Reply
Re: Bondi 4 [sslothrop] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sslothrop wrote:
I found the Bondi 3 significantly harder than the Bondi 2. Is the 4 as soft as the 2 or as hard as the 3?

I found the Bondi 4 about as soft as the 2 (so softer than the 3).

As far as the size of the 4 I got the 10.5 but have about a thumb width between my big toe and the front of the shoe (no slippage but may go with a 10 next time)
Quote Reply
Re: Bondi 4 [Kula] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I also bought two new pair of the B3 just to stock up, but also just received my Altra Olympus 1.5s and am very encouraged by the fit!!! I'll break 'em in on Tuesday. Nice and roomy, wide toe box, the same weight as the B3 (11 oz for size 11) and no more metal eylets that were a problem for me on the original Olympus.

------------------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I had problems with both the eyelets and heel slippage in the old Olympus. I loved the toe box, though.

How's the heel in the new version?

Chris Harris
Quote Reply
Re: Bondi 4 [fe_dad] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Chris, I didn't have a heel slippage problem on the old one, so I didn't focus on that. Not sure if the heel has changed in the new one, but yes, the metal eyelets are gone.

------------------
Quote Reply
Re: Bondi 4 [Runguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Runguy wrote:
sslothrop wrote:

I found the Bondi 4 about as soft as the 2 (so softer than the 3).

Agreed. The more I run in the B4 (and the zillion miles in the B2) the more I realize the blunder that was the B3. I say that knowing the B3 worked for some people but I'd say the overall sentiment was negative compared to the B2 and B4. The slim tongue was a mistake, hardening the shoe was a mistake, wonky fit was a mistake. The only thing they got right with the B3 was the nice upper which has been even more improved on the B4.

Now if they would be able to make a Bondi that drained water worth a shit they would have the perfect shoe. Basically port the Conquests grooved drainage system to the Bondi.

Quote Reply
Re: Bondi 4 [sslothrop] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i don't find much difference in the fit or ride of the Bondi 4 from the 2. the 2 is back. with a few minor improvements.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: Bondi 4 [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:
i don't find much difference in the fit or ride of the Bondi 4 from the 2. the 2 is back. with a few minor improvements.

I hope you're right Dan, I'm waiting for Shoefitr to confirm though :)...how long does it take to scan a shoe.
Quote Reply
Re: Bondi 4 [EnderWiggan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sometimes months. Just buy 'em from Runningwarehouse.com and try 'em. Free shipping each way if you don't like them.

------------------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TriBodyboarder wrote:
Sometimes months. Just buy 'em from Runningwarehouse.com and try 'em. Free shipping each way if you don't like them.

Unfortunately that policy doesn't apply to Canada...ces't la vie...I'm sidelined from running anyways MRI in 2 weeks...the bonus is 45 watts added to my FTP on a steady diet of VO2 max intervals, and easy Z2 rides.
Last edited by: EnderWiggan: Jan 27, 15 6:59
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Happy to report my first run in the new Altra Olympus 1.5 was perfect! Ran 10 miles, hilly, though nothing off-road because we had rain here last night. Fit was SUPER comfy on my 10 1/2 4E width feet in a size 11 shoe. Tons of toe box room, snug midfoot, comfortable heel. The zero drop wasn't really noticeable to me coming from the Bondi 3. Anxious to see longer-term results, but I've found my alternative to the discontinued Bondi 3!

------------------
Last edited by: TriBodyboarder: Jan 27, 15 7:58
Quote Reply

Prev Next