Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

So I'm okay that a Brazilian won the surfing world title but ...
Quote | Reply
...could it have been anyone else? Medina is very disliked outside of the Brazilian surfing community and needs to grow up a lot if he is to be an ambassador for the sport. No one I have spoken to wanted him to win (and I talk to a lot of folks in the surfing community, both at high levels within the competition world and with locals in many locations). Plus he put me in the very embarrassing position of cheering for Mick Fanning, which was like cheering for the Raiders. There are other talented surfers from Brazil, and I don't think anyone cares that the champ is from Brazil but why did it have to be this drop-in kook. Get ready for a long year in the surfing world.

Live long and surf!
Quote Reply
Re: So I'm okay that a Brazilian won the surfing world title but ... [Giant Steps] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not into surfing but why is the guy so disliked?
Quote Reply
Re: So I'm okay that a Brazilian won the surfing world title but ... [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
He gave a great interview after being chaired and then going back out and winning his heat. Humble and spoke well in a second language.
Quote Reply
Re: So I'm okay that a Brazilian won the surfing world title but ... [Giant Steps] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The dude rips. All pros* are drop-in artists. Get over it.

*Notable pros who are not dicks in the lineup... (going on personal experience)

Tom Curren
Davey Smith
Bobby Martinez
Kelly Slater
Conner and Parker Coffin
Yadin Nicol
Dane Reynolds
Lakey Peterson
Nat Young
The Hobgoods

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Re: So I'm okay that a Brazilian won the surfing world title but ... [Duffy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ha good one Duffy.

But we are indeed a very subjective sport.

Q: How many surfers does it take to screw in a light bulb?
A: Twenty, one to screw it in and nineteen to claim they could have done it better.

Live long and surf!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Personally, I think JJF should be champ right now.

He will be next year (just needs to work on his claims).

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mostly, though, I wish the ASP and pro surfing would just go away.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Re: So I'm okay that a Brazilian won the surfing world title but ... [Duffy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:
Mostly, though, I wish the ASP and pro surfing would just go away.
+1
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Being a non surfer this thread is a let down without pictures of hot female Brazilian surf fans.

~
"You lie!" The Prophet Joe Wilson
Quote Reply
Re: So I'm okay that a Brazilian won the surfing world title but ... [Rodred] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am fairly certain that she's watching surfing.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: So I'm okay that a Brazilian won the surfing world title but ... [Rodred] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Also fairly certain that they are watching surfing.

Quote Reply
Re: So I'm okay that a Brazilian won the surfing world title but ... [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Did the girl on the left lose something?

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Re: So I'm okay that a Brazilian won the surfing world title but ... [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ah memories.....

~
"You lie!" The Prophet Joe Wilson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:

... or found something, depending on how you look at it

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:

Car keys.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
Duffy wrote:

Car keys.

My car keys.
Quote Reply