Quote | Reply
Another vote for DeSoto.

Train safe & smart
Bob

Quote Reply
Re: Absolute Favorite Bib Shorts [JoeO] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JoeO wrote:
How does the sizing on the S7 T.Cento run?

Not that I'm in a position to buy any...

Same as the S5.
Quote Reply
Re: Absolute Favorite Bib Shorts [Grill] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I can vouch for Assos being damn good, while riding in Europe it is all you see.

Now I also have a pair of performance bike ultra bib's that cost me like $55 on sale and they are seriously sweet. Worth a try.
Quote Reply
Re: Absolute Favorite Bib Shorts [cshowe80] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The desoto 400s are advertised to also be worn during tri's, can anyone comment on how comfortable the are to run in?

To the op, I like my rapha bibs but would never run in them. And at the $100 price point, if the desoto is as good as everyone says I'll never buy rapha again
Quote Reply
Re: Absolute Favorite Bib Shorts [j2k2dad] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
whats the advantage of Tri bib over tri shorts? thank you
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
X whatever on the DeSotos BUT I am excited that santa is rumored to be bringing me some Assos!
Quote Reply
Re: Absolute Favorite Bib Shorts [juha-pdx] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
juha-pdx wrote:
Santini. .... The chamois is flat & thin.

Which model?
I bought "Santini Smart Cycling Bib Shorts" some time ago and their seatpad is thick and heavy (it uses gel, it's probably the NAT seatpad).
I can't find any seatpad in the 2015 catalogue that I would consider "flat & thin".
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've been using the DeSotos for years, do all my cycling in them, done several IM's in them - they are perfection.

------------------------------
Another IM in 2016 - hopefully..
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wattie Inc. Great new company started by Triathletes! Bought a pair at the IM Arizona Expo and they are GREAT! Z
Quote Reply
Re: Absolute Favorite Bib Shorts [tomziebart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I personally like the Capo GS-13, durable, super comfy pad and just the right fit for my 5'7" height.
Quote Reply
Re: Absolute Favorite Bib Shorts [winchester] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't really race much anymore, but when I was racing I was always bothered by the waistband/drawstring of whatever I was racing in. If Riviera tri-bibs had been around in the 90's, I would have been racing in them for sure. I have raced a couple of tris in the older 400-miles (not with the ceramico pad), with runs up to 10 miles, and had zero issues. I have the new 400-miles (with the ceramico pad) as well as the Riviera tri bibs (with the thinner ceramico) and both have been great to ride in, but I haven't run in either yet (taking a break from running due to health issues).
Also, I'm a skinny 6'3", with barely a 34" waist, and DeSoto bibs are one of the very few brands that fit my bottom half well AND have straps that are long/soft enough so that I don't feel like my shoulders are getting dug into.
Like I said in my first post, DeSoto offers a money-back guarantee. You've got nothing to lose!
Cheers,
John
Quote Reply
Re: Absolute Favorite Bib Shorts [j2k2dad] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have 3 pairs of Desoto's (400mile, Riveria etc)...and there is no comparison the Castelli Free Tri gear is so far ahead in terms of quality it's not even close. Desoto is great but it's cheap, in terms of the details, and design. The compression and fit is much better, the stiching, the pad, the attention to detail like the extra of fabric on the castelli free that is above the pad all so much better than Desoto. That said, it's probably not fair to draw comparisons because of the different price points.

PS. You should not run in the 400mile, it's way too big.
Quote Reply
Re: Absolute Favorite Bib Shorts [MrSkinny] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The basic Gel Intech pads flatten out.. The ExTech chamois is similar.
Quote Reply
Re: Absolute Favorite Bib Shorts [jmt8345] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jmt8345 wrote:
X whatever on the DeSotos BUT I am excited that santa is rumored to be bringing me some Assos!

You'll love the Assos. I'm convinced that anyone that loves DeSoto's probably hasn't worn Assos.

Every clothing manufacturer should try to emulate Assos quality at a better price and if successful they'd have a winning formula. With Assis you certainly get what you pay for.
Quote Reply
Re: Absolute Favorite Bib Shorts [Bryan0721] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bryan0721 wrote:
jmt8345 wrote:

You'll love the Assos. I'm convinced that anyone that loves DeSoto's probably hasn't worn Assos.

Every clothing manufacturer should try to emulate Assos quality at a better price and if successful they'd have a winning formula. With Assis you certainly get what you pay for.

+1 for the second time in this thread. I have assos and desoto and with all due respect, there is no comparison.

On the internet, you can be anything you want. It is a pity so many people choose to be stupid.
Quote Reply
Re: Absolute Favorite Bib Shorts [EnderWiggan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
EnderWiggan wrote:
Do you all use these bibs in Triathlon as well (Assos)? (i.e. Ironman Distance racing). Just curious...

I have only done one IM distance race which was Lake Placid last year. I made the decision that since it was my first one I'd just go ahead and change to bike gear for the bike and run gear for the run so went ahead and used the Assos. I would NOT use them for shorter distances where I was not fully changing for each event. They are pretty classic bib shorts with a significant chamois.

I do keep hoping that Assos applies their knowledge to triathlon clothing. I haven't use the DeSotos but from what folks say I would probably lean that way if I were looking for something tri-specific.

Pete Githens
Reading, PA
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have the older (non-ceramico) De Soto Forza Riviera tri-bibs and they rock! Have 3 pairs and rotate. Only reason I don't have the newer ceramico's is because the older models have lasted so long (2+ years and counting).

Zoot Team Captain Southeast
2019 Sponsors: Canyon Bikes, Garmin, Smith Optics, Zealios Skin Care & Sun Protection, Speedfill Products, Gatorade Endurance, Ottolock, Theragun, ORR Carbon Wheel Systems, boco gear, Giddy Up Multisports
Quote Reply

Prev Next