Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Landice owners
Quote | Reply
My Landice L7 treadmill is about a year old. I noticed a knocking sound from either the motor or the front roller that starts and gets louder as the speed increases. Unfortunately I live outside of a major city, so I was informed that it would cost almost 25% of the purchase price for a technician to come and diagnose it, order the part (which is under warranty) and come install it. I am wondering if anyone has had a similar issue. If I know which part is causing it, I may be able to get it from Landice and someone closer could install it. Tough call, I know, but maybe someone has had this happen before.
Quote Reply
Re: Landice owners [urnotdone] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My Landice L7 has worked flawlessly for 9 years, so can't help with your specific issue, but given your lack of proximity to a technician you want to eliminate any obvious and easily fixable issues (can you least do some trouble-shooting with them on the phone?). One that comes to mind could be that the belt is slightly misaligned. Assume this isn't the case, but you should be able to adjust the belt alignment at the rear end of the treadmill.
Quote Reply
Re: Landice owners [Kay Serrar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have aligned the belt to be as perfect as possible, checked the tension, shimmed to within fractions of being absolutely level and even placed it on a firm rubber mat as suggested on various forums. I send Landice a video clip which illustrated the sound and I must say they have been excellent in responding to my concern. That is how I narrowed it down to either the motor or front roller. I think I might just remove the cover myself and listen with a stethoscope or something like mechanics do.
Quote Reply
Re: Landice owners [urnotdone] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Another satisfied Landice owner.
If you could get the part, can you get a tech from a local store that sells treadmills?

Dr Jay
http://www.Tri-Pod.net
Quote Reply