Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Garmin Connect adds "Gear"
Quote | Reply
Logged in tonight to edit details on a run, and noticed a new "Gear" tile on my Modern dashboard.

Check it out here: http://connect.garmin.com/modern/gear

Nice feature: you can add a new pair of shoes and bike, and automatically add it to all the activities of a certain type that you've done since that gear's "birthday" (my word, not theirs).

- John
"Have courage, and be kind."
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin Connect adds "Gear" [jmb667] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Looks like a good start. Can't add different gear to history based on subsport yet though, eg roadbike to roadbiking, mtb to mountainbiking, trail shoes to trail run, etc....
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin Connect adds "Gear" [sharkbait_au] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah, and I'd really like to see a column in the Activities view, for mass changes. But, it's better than nothing, and something we've been wanting for years. :)

- John
"Have courage, and be kind."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
.....and it seems if a dropdown list appears you have no other options. I tried to enter Saucony Grid into shoes, but as long as Saucony is in the name it will only accept 1 of the options that appear in a dropdown list.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This could be a useful feature to keep track of mileage on race wheels (I do it manually now). I added race wheels as a gear item in the "other" category. I have my bike selected for every ride, but I can't see how it will let me add a second gear item to a ride. Maybe someday.

Proud Member of Chris McDonald's 2018 Big Sexy Race Team "That which doesn't kill me, will only make me stronger"
Blog-Twitter-Instagram-Race Reports - 2018 Races: IM Florida 70.3, IM Raleigh 70.3, IM 70.3 World Championships - South Africa, IM North Carolina 70.3
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
digging it!

The entire event (IM) is like "death by 1000 cuts" and the best race is minimizing all those cuts and losing less blood than the other guy. - Dev
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin Connect adds "Gear" [LuisDF] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Shows the "gear" page for an instant then:

Page Not Found
We're sorry. The page you're looking for no longer exists.

"...the street finds its own uses for things"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Anybody seen a web widget yet so you can put your recent workouts on your website?

----------------------------------------------------------
Zen and the Art of Triathlon. Strava Workout Log
Interviews with Chris McCormack, Helle Frederikson, Angela Naeth, and many more.
http://www.zentriathlon.com
Quote Reply