Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Anyone here go from an ISM to a Selle SMP saddle?
Quote | Reply
Saddle hunting again. I'm currently on the ISM Prologue which was an improvement for me over the Road but I feel like I could still do better. I'm eyeing some of the Selle SMP saddles and would appreciate some suggestions/feedback. Thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone here go from an ISM to a Selle SMP saddle? [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I ran a stratos carbon, ISM road2 and Cobb JOF55 over the same period when tuning my TT saddle..

SMP whilst the curvature front to aft was great, the profile of the sadle side to side was too agressive, ie each "prong" had a too sharp a ridge, which as you rolled forward on your hips created to ocused a pressure point..... i went onto the JOF55 which gave the support of the ISM, with the firmness of he stratos padding and slightly more clearance to the inside of the thighs.. is it perfect? No.. but its doing the best job currently..
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone here go from an ISM to a Selle SMP saddle? [shadwell] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tried the JOF55. Liked the profile of the saddle but the padding was too firm for me (I run tri suits with almost zero pad).
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone here go from an ISM to a Selle SMP saddle? [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I felt that the SMP worked better in a road position than a more forward, tri/tt position.

What didn't you like about the Road/Prologue?
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone here go from an ISM to a Selle SMP saddle? [Nick B] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Road was a bit too wide up front, Prologue is a bit too long up front. I have a feeling I should probably try the Attack or the new PN 1.1
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I tilted the road with an industrial hose clamp to a 55. Works well for me so far. Maybe have just tried the cob but there is no dealer over here in Germany.

-shoki
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I tried various ISMs and found that while they were ok (some better than others, the last one I ended up on was a Prologue), none of them ever gave me that "aha!" moment. I tried a Selle SMP during the Slowtwitch Saddle Tour a while back and had that moment. I found that I could find a lot of "acceptable" positions on the ISMs, whereas on the SMP I have one great sitting position. Definitely worth the switch -- for me. YMMV.
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone here go from an ISM to a Selle SMP saddle? [asad137] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Which Selle SMP model worked for you?
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone here go from an ISM to a Selle SMP saddle? [SummitAK] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone here go from an ISM to a Selle SMP saddle? [SummitAK] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have used the Drakon from smp in olympic distance, 70.3 and leadville, no issues at all. In fact it fixed my tightness in my ischium. Smp has a new line of TRI saddles coming out, check out the website.
In Reply To:
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone here go from an ISM to a Selle SMP saddle? [asad137] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you.
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone here go from an ISM to a Selle SMP saddle? [raceboy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I did see a recent post from someone that is using one of the new SMP Tri series. They look promising. I have one of the prior SMPs on the bench waiting for a try. I've been through a lot of tri saddles, including a number of ISM's and Cobbs. For my issues I've had the best success with the narrowest possible saddle balanced with as much central numbness reduction as possible. The

Bonty Hilo has been on the tri bike for a while now. I have the ISM and a couple of others waiting for a try. My riding season is short and this year i didn't bother messing with what was at least tolerable. I have testing time now, but testing saddles on the Computrainer has some limitations:(
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
hey Green.

give Dash saddles a try. they have a trial period with saddles and even though the saddles are expensive i think you will like them. i've tried cobb and adamo and im not a fan.
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone here go from an ISM to a Selle SMP saddle? [gleeclub] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They're on my list =)

I'd love it if one of them was "the one" as it would give me an excuse to get one of their super-sweet integrated seat posts.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just got an SMP glider on my road bike to try. Its a test saddle, so I've only invested $100. I'm hoping I hate it. :)
Quote Reply