Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Trainer Road is seriously the best thing ever [Time Zulu] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No they didn't pay me. It's my honest opinion. Is my IQ low? Seriously? I don't even know how to respond to that.

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Last edited by: BryanD: Dec 17, 14 13:37
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer Road is seriously the best thing ever [DJHollingsworth] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You need ANT + speed and cadence sensors as well as an ANT + stick for the computer or your phone. Any ANT+ sensors will work (Garmin, wahoo, etc)

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer Road is seriously the best thing ever [BryanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BryanD wrote:
I just downloaded Trainer Road last week. 2 workouts in and I am in love. I don't have a power meter yet (will get one in February most likely) and the ability to use virtual power and follow 1 number while watching Netflix has changed everything for me.

I have a Kurt Kinetic trainer and will be getting a Quarq. Nate Pearson, thank you, thank you, thank you. I'm telling everyone I know about Trainer Road. You will have my money forever.

If you don't have trainer road, get it right now. http://www.trainerroad.com

Anyone else love it as much as I do?

Yup. And its even better with a kickr or computrainer.
TR and Kickr were the best bike related investment I've made in 20 years, honestly.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks, I have been out of the game for too long. I don't even know what Ant + is. I feel like Forrest Gump when it comes to this stuff, "I am not a smart man, Jenny."

I just got a Garmin 920 XT and I'm getting the speed and cadence sensor for that. Will that suffice or do I still need to get a Wahoo and then also the Ant +?

Dan Hollingsworth

Nobody grows old by merely living a number of years. People grow old only by deserting their ideals. Years may wrinkle the skin, but to give up interest wrinkles the soul." - Douglas MacArthur
Last edited by: DJHollingsworth: Dec 17, 14 13:41
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer Road is seriously the best thing ever [DJHollingsworth] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You can use Trainer Road from your laptop with the ANT+ stick that comes with the 920. If your using your iPhone, you will need the Wahoo ANT+ connector

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Got it, thanks much.

Dan Hollingsworth

Nobody grows old by merely living a number of years. People grow old only by deserting their ideals. Years may wrinkle the skin, but to give up interest wrinkles the soul." - Douglas MacArthur
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just recently found out that you can import Best Bike Split plans into TR's workout creator if you want to "practice" riding the course according to your race plan. I geeked out pretty hard over that!
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer Road is seriously the best thing ever [matt_tris] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Stupid question alert......what if we own an old Kurt Kinetic trainer? Not been on a bike in a few years. Buying a new bike in Jan/Feb. What would one recommend buying, along with a Garmin 920xt, to make this the best information output I can get?

If this is on the website, just say so, and I'll click around a bit more.
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer Road is seriously the best thing ever [mjpwooo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You can use Virtual Power. I have the old Kurt Kinetic as well. Trainer Road allows you to tell the software that is the trainer you have and it will use the Kinetics power curve for it's power estimation. Get the Garmin cadence and speed sensors. A power meter helps too :) If not, use the Virtual Power option.

Quote Reply
Re: Trainer Road is seriously the best thing ever [matt_tris] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
matt_tris wrote:
I just recently found out that you can import Best Bike Split plans into TR's workout creator if you want to "practice" riding the course according to your race plan. I geeked out pretty hard over that!

Whoa! how can you do this? Next thing you'll tell me I can download a course video sync it and BAM almost like virtually riding the course...
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer Road is seriously the best thing ever [EnderWiggan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
EnderWiggan wrote:
matt_tris wrote:

Whoa! how can you do this? Next thing you'll tell me I can download a course video sync it and BAM almost like virtually riding the course...

BBS creates the power profile and then you export it. load it into the TR workout creator and bam you have your race in it.
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer Road is seriously the best thing ever [mrtopher1980] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mrtopher1980 wrote:
EnderWiggan wrote:
matt_tris wrote:

BBS creates the power profile and then you export it. load it into the TR workout creator and bam you have your race in it.

Thank you!!! am I downloading file as a Trainerroad (Beta) version?
Last edited by: EnderWiggan: Dec 17, 14 18:31
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yeah, I just learned about it few weeks ago and have been using it for 3 wks now. I can already feel the legs getting stronger and workouts getting easier. I really want to push myself but I am nursing a very bad ITBS and any time I go over 2 hours or over 110 cadence the pain starts. So I am being held back a little but still good stuff.

Can anyone explain to me how to use sufferfest with the workouts? I am using my Macbook Pro for the TR and just watching stuff on my ipad right now.
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer Road is seriously the best thing ever [Printer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My first ride on TR was just over 2 years ago, December 11, 2012. Since then, I have done 173 workouts ranging from 30 minutes to 4 hours.

I doubt I would be on the trainer very much if not for this program and the training plans.

I have not used them much yet, but I also love that you can import courses like I did via BestBilkeSplit

So long as I can get on the bike. this will be my program. Even if something flashier comes out, I want to support Nate and team that put in all this effort, and listen to the customers.

Cervelo R3 and Cannondale Synapse, Argon18 Electron Track Bike
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer Road is seriously the best thing ever [Time Zulu] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Time Zulu wrote:
BryanD wrote:
I just downloaded Trainer Road last week. 2 workouts in and I am in love. I don't have a power meter yet (will get one in February most likely) and the ability to use virtual power and follow 1 number while watching Netflix has changed everything for me.

I have a Kurt Kinetic trainer and will be getting a Quarq. Nate Pearson, thank you, thank you, thank you. I'm telling everyone I know about Trainer Road. You will have my money forever.

If you don't have trainer road, get it right now. http://www.trainerroad.com

Anyone else love it as much as I do?

Did they pay you to post this or is your IQ low?l

Man... don't take this too seriously. Bryan just expressed himself. That's ok and I'm not paid either but I think that if you don't have a cycling coach Trainerroad is an very nice software to help you strike some serious workouts and improve your cycling fitness.

You should try yourself and see. Just my .02 cents.

-D
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer Road is seriously the best thing ever [KingMidas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
KingMidas wrote:
Yeah, I just learned about it few weeks ago and have been using it for 3 wks now. I can already feel the legs getting stronger and workouts getting easier. I really want to push myself but I am nursing a very bad ITBS and any time I go over 2 hours or over 110 cadence the pain starts. So I am being held back a little but still good stuff.

Can anyone explain to me how to use sufferfest with the workouts? I am using my Macbook Pro for the TR and just watching stuff on my ipad right now.

Here's a video about how to use TheSufferFest videos with TrainerRoad: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yK5-boDjV4E

CEO at TrainerRoad
Co-host of the Ask a Cycling Coach Podcast
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer Road is seriously the best thing ever [cervelo-van] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cervelo-van wrote:
My first ride on TR was just over 2 years ago, December 11, 2012. Since then, I have done 173 workouts ranging from 30 minutes to 4 hours.

I doubt I would be on the trainer very much if not for this program and the training plans.

I have not used them much yet, but I also love that you can import courses like I did via BestBilkeSplit

So long as I can get on the bike. this will be my program. Even if something flashier comes out, I want to support Nate and team that put in all this effort, and listen to the customers.

*GIANT INTERNET HUG!* :)

We try to focus on effictiveness, not flashiness. There are tons of programs that are "flashier". I don't know of a program that's more effective; ie makes you faster!

I don't workout to be entertained, I workout to win :). I think there's a big market segment that's more concerned about getting faster through the most effective training possible rather than being entertained on the bike and getting an inferior workout. The latter just seems like I'm wasting my time.

/end rant. Sorry if I was getting a little bit sales-ey there. I'm passionate about this stuff :).

CEO at TrainerRoad
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer Road is seriously the best thing ever [tovi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm completing my second week now and I am very happy with the program. I love the dialogue and motivational words it uses to make you go that much harder and focus that much more. It's like having a coach next to you (to a lesser degree) urging you through the workouts. I also love the fact that the app allows for % increments. When I tested it was an off day and my number was low so I've been needing to adjust the workouts to hit target actual TSS with the right increase. The only issue I've had is having to close and reopen the app after powering off my computrainer. It doesn't seem to pick it up again after the disconnect. Very very minor detail however and nothing that would prevent me from recommending this to everybody I talk to.

Great work Nate and the crew! Let us know when you have a means to purchase the t shirts!

------
"Train so you have no regrets @ the finish line"
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer Road is seriously the best thing ever [Nate Pearson] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
We try to focus on effictiveness, not flashiness. There are tons of programs that are "flashier". I don't know of a program that's more effective; ie makes you faster!

I don't workout to be entertained, I workout to win :). I think there's a big market segment that's more concerned about getting faster through the most effective training possible rather than being entertained on the bike and getting an inferior workout. The latter just seems like I'm wasting my time.

/end rant. Sorry if I was getting a little bit sales-ey there. I'm passionate about this stuff :).

Lemme tell you something Nate - you guys have nailed it. I work 11 hrs a day, so I needed to find something that I knew I could do at 5 AM. Nothing quite grabbed me until I decided to do the Tour of Sufferlandria this past January. After that I was hooked. And by hooked, I mean I've been designing my own workouts, and creating my own videos to go along with them. The Sufferfest vids rule, but the music is, in my opinion, abysmal. So I started by just stripping and replacing the music, then just started creating my own narrative vids from scratch.

I'm still struggling with consistency, but I'm light years beyond where I'd be were it not for the hard work you guys clearly put into your product. Anyway, you and your company are a model from which many others could learn a lot.

http://www.trainerroad.com/career/pigbat
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer Road is seriously the best thing ever [Pigbat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pigbat wrote:
I work 11 hrs a day...
So I started by just stripping and replacing the music, then just started creating my own narrative vids from scratch

You must be some monster. Workin 11 hrs then some training some life (assuming you got one ;) ) and then you still have energy to make your own videos ?
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer Road is seriously the best thing ever [Pigbat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pigbat wrote:
Quote:

Lemme tell you something Nate - you guys have nailed it. I work 11 hrs a day, so I needed to find something that I knew I could do at 5 AM. Nothing quite grabbed me until I decided to do the Tour of Sufferlandria this past January. After that I was hooked. And by hooked, I mean I've been designing my own workouts, and creating my own videos to go along with them. The Sufferfest vids rule, but the music is, in my opinion, abysmal. So I started by just stripping and replacing the music, then just started creating my own narrative vids from scratch.

I'm still struggling with consistency, but I'm light years beyond where I'd be were it not for the hard work you guys clearly put into your product. Anyway, you and your company are a model from which many others could learn a lot.

http://www.trainerroad.com/career/pigbat

Wow, awesome! That's cool you're making your own videos. Thanks for the kind words too :).

You could be a competitor to TheSufferfest if you keep at it ;).

CEO at TrainerRoad
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer Road is seriously the best thing ever [Nate Pearson] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nate Pearson wrote:

Wow, awesome! That's cool you're making your own videos. Thanks for the kind words too :).

You could be a competitor to TheSufferfest if you keep at it ;).

Ha, no way. Those guys do amazing videos, I'm just messing around. That said, I just re-cut Rubber Glove with music more to my liking today, and plan to use it tomorrow. I'm going to get my FTP over 200 no matter how ugly it gets. I'm expecting it to get rather ugly indeed.
Quote Reply

Prev Next