Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: The 2014 - 2015 100/100 Run Challenge Thread: Mar 24 - Day 100 (thanks for playing) [dbikelink] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just wanted to reply back on this thread as I have been offline for a bit from ST. I did IM South Africa last weekend. I'll have more of a report later as I had some issues on the bike, but the 100/100 worked well. I did zero runs longer than 17 kilometers in the last 2 months of the challenge and was still able to hit my goal of a sub 4 hour run split and moved up to 12th in the rather stacked 50-54 age group where everyone ahead of me has done Kona multiple times. Frequency and overall volume worked fine. The 3:58 run on a tough day was actually my fastest IM run in the last 5 IM's I have done and only one of two times sub 4 hours in the last 5 years. I realize that's not saying much on ST, but for me, that was a great result. If anyone cares final splits were 1:11/5:54/3:58. Most are saying that the bike was around 30 min slower than Kona at our ability range...plus I had some nerve issues on the bike which hopefully I am able to resolve soon. The swim was a bit of an "swam halfway to India" gong show in the middle of surf, currents and tides and did way too much extra swimming ending up 150m off the final turn buoy!!!

Dev
Quote Reply
Re: The 2014 - 2015 100/100 Run Challenge Thread: Mar 24 - Day 100 (thanks for playing) [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Was waiting for your report, they are always informative regarding the course/conditions/atmosphere at the race site/etc...

Hope the issues from the bike improve. Nice job on the run

Mike
Quote Reply
Re: The 2014 - 2015 100/100 Run Challenge Thread: Mar 24 - Day 100 (thanks for playing) [alittleslow] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I started writing my report with "information" about the event venue, travel, conditions, etc etc....unfortunately I had an 8 hour flight leg across the Atlantic after a 12 hour flight leg over Africa to Europe....that means I had too much time to write too much and it became 6 pages long with way too much detail, so I am breaking it apart into digest-able sections addressing different topics so that people can read stand alone parts that pertain to their interests. Give me the Easter weekend to finish it up, download some Garmin data and add some useful picture of the scenery and it should be decent information for anyone wanting to go to South Africa and race there.
Quote Reply
Re: The 2014 - 2015 100/100 Run Challenge Thread: Mar 24 - Day 100 (thanks for playing) [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nice work out there Dev! I would love to read your full length RR.

Jack

"Only those who risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Elliot | Cycle2Tri.com
Sponsors: SciCon | | Every Man Jack
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the challenge and the encouragement, Dev. Finished my A race (was expecting to DNF) with 30 minutes to spare, and wasn't too stressed during the run leg (full disclosure: I walked the whole distance) due to the increased fitness and confidence that this 100/100 challenge gave me.
Looking forward to next year.
Quote Reply
Re: The 2014 - 2015 100/100 Run Challenge Thread: Mar 24 - Day 100 (thanks for playing) [CPT Chaos] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jack, I have to thank you for the the Victoria station break in London which was perfect. I banged out a solid 15K run and had time to swim. The facility was great and cost me 5 pounds....the most expensive time was the 12 pound round trip on the tube, during which I caught up on work on my cell phone and it got me out of the airport. My bike case was checked through to Port Elizabeth so I did not need to worry about that. The lockers were large enough to fit a carry on and backpack. I also saw some hotels nearby, so this will be my new hotel location if/when I have to do biz in central London in the future (or for that matter if I have a morning flight out of Heathrow, I'd rather stay in Central London and take the tube over in the morning so I can run and swim somewhere nice).
Quote Reply

Prev Next