Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Post deleted by BentoTho
Re: WTB: 2014 trek speed concept, cannondale slice rs, bmc tm01 [BentoTho] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Those bikes all have different fits. What are your fit coordinates? Or are you just looking for cool factor?
Quote Reply
Re: WTB: 2014 trek speed concept, cannondale slice rs, bmc tm01 [TomTriesTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah I relaise that, I'm a junior moving I into u19 so are looking for a new TT bike. I have extremely long legs, due to the large frame. At the moment I'm pretty much looking for a cool factor, and slowly work out what bike works best. (I ve been saving up for ages haha)
Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: WTB: 2014 trek speed concept, cannondale slice rs, bmc tm01 [BentoTho] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
IMO, of the 3, the Trek will give you the most versatility and is pretty damn aero too. Go Project One to add the cool factor.
Quote Reply
Re: WTB: 2014 trek speed concept, cannondale slice rs, bmc tm01 [TomTriesTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ok thanks for the advice. They definitely have to cool factor :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not sure if you will ever find a Slice RS again, unless you can find a used one...

Rumor is its available as a frame module for North America only.. its still on the website, but if you contact Cannondale they are up and down the wall that it is discontinued and not available and that the website is wrong... except the website never changes.... The Cannondale Slipstream team will be riding the RS because the new Slice Cannondale that came out with is non UCI legal, and even Cannondale admits it was a design for triathletes, not time trailers.... of course if you mention this while corresponding with Cannondale, they are up and down the wall that the Slice RS is discontinued... I believe UCI rules state that a product NEEDS to be available to the public to purchase, or used to be available in the preceding 9 months.. something like that anyways.. Which means they don't make it available, and for next year there is a new time trial specific bike.... or they make it available in North America and the Cannondale team keeps riding it...

The Slice RS is a real pain in the %%$$ to setup... I own one... lots of people hate it.. I like it... sizing is rather goofy though... I wish I could get a 56.. I have a 92.5cm inseam, but Im only 182cm tall... Im all legs... but then again if I look at the Scott Plasma 5 it says I need a 57 which has almost the same geometry as the Slice RS except it has a taller head tube...

Good luck with your choice... TT bikes can be a real PITA to get dialed in correctly...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Oh and for fit wise.. I would actually go with the BMC because you can change the stem / rise to almost anything which is all supplied! Taylor Phinney rides the M/L size for reference.. and he's very tall when you compare...
Quote Reply
Re: WTB: 2014 trek speed concept, cannondale slice rs, bmc tm01 [ParisCarbon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ok thanks heaps for your help mate ;)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Selling 2012 Trek Speed Concept 7.0
Specs:
Size:Large
Cranks: Dura Ace 52x39 - 130BCD - 172.5mm Cranks
Shimano Ultegra 10 Speed Chain
Pedals: Shimano 105
Front & Read Derailleur: SRAM Apex
Brakes: SRAM Apex
Shifters: SRAM Red
Base Bar: Profile Design T2 Wing
Brake Levers: Bontrager Race Light
Stem: Zipp 130mm -17degrees
Saddle: Bontrager RL
Wheel set: Alloy hubs; Bontrager Approved alloy rims
Cassette: 11x28 Sram Apex
Bike is Complete, tuned and ready to be ridden.
Price $1400 Firm, Not Accepting Offers

It's on facebook, a group called Stevebay. I realize it's not a 2014, but...

John

Top notch coaching: Francois and Accelerate3 | Follow on Twitter: LifetimeAthlete |
Quote Reply
Re: WTB: 2014 trek speed concept, cannondale slice rs, bmc tm01 [Devlin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks but I was really looking for a 2014 model. Good luck with the sale.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BentoTho wrote:
Thanks but I was really looking for a 2014 model. Good luck with the sale.

Oh, it's not mine. Was just throwing it out there as I saw it go through the feed on my facebook.

John

Top notch coaching: Francois and Accelerate3 | Follow on Twitter: LifetimeAthlete |
Quote Reply