Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Turkey sets World Record - Race review - PICTURES
Quote | Reply
Good morning Slowtwitch!! Long time reader, first time poster.. Happy Thanksgiving.

I am a turkey, this is a tough day for me. Most of my buddies are on a plate today. But, for one day, the lowely turkey is America's Bird! For me, (this year at least), it is the best day of the year..

ME!!

My Brother!!
[/url]

I made my racing debut today.. I raced the local 5K, and set a new turkey world record. All the previous records were erased due to the Operation Poulty, which concluded that over 99% of all turkeys were taking steriods. I am clean! People ask me what I am on.. What am I on? I am on free range 16 hours a day. That is what I am on.

When I am not eating grasses and bugs I have adopted the Kenyan diet, a gruel of ground corn and soybean meal. Amazing how the Kenyans stay so skinny, but it fattens me and my buddies right up!
[/url]

So for today's race review.

I really wasn't prepared for this race. I was stolen off my roosting bar at 5am today, and jammed into a cage.. I was told I had to run a race!! My people MAY have told me I would be running today, but I am a turkey.. I forget things.

Pre race went okay. I ate lots of grapes, I like grapes.

But the media and photogs were all over me. It is hard to concentrate with so many commitments pre race. I understand why some of the pros shy away from the involvement with these vultures!

The start was a little tough. Lots of walkers had seeded themselves IN FRONT OF ME? And the drafting early on was ridiculous, where were the officials?

The aid station wasn't prepared for me! It was as if they had never dealt with a turkey before!

It was hard to stay on course with all that nice open field beside me.. Man, there were grasshoppers and uneaten weeds galore! I thought about just cutting off a little of the course, and eating some grass along the way. But, I didn't want to be the next "twitchhunt".

I crossed the line in 34:56 and am proud of my accomplishment. I got a 5K sticker for the car, and a new turkey world record!!

--EDIT--- I was just informed by a facebook friend that "according to her Garmin, the course was long... 3.17".. So my time is EVEN BETTER than previously reported.

Austin Hardy -

Last edited by: Top Turkey: Nov 27, 14 10:54
Quote Reply
Re: Turkey sets World Record - Race review - PICTURES [Top Turkey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
well done and welcome. I'm sorry for the loss of your brother. Hopefully he was delicious.
Quote Reply
Re: Turkey sets World Record - Race review - PICTURES [Top Turkey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So much win. Thread of the day- congrats Mr. Turkey
Quote Reply
Re: Turkey sets World Record - Race review - PICTURES [Simple Stevie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you, person. My brother is browning nicely. Grandma just opened the oven and gave me a sneek peek.. I won't get to enjoy much or bro' though. My greedy people will indulge first.. But they often through the rest of us the dinner scraps. Us turkeys see nothing wrong wih a little cannabalism, but my people don't really approve.

Austin Hardy -

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Funny! Especially for a Turkey...
Quote Reply
Re: Turkey sets World Record - Race review - PICTURES [Aust1227] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Its about that time of year again.. Figured I would give this post a little bumpage.

This years flock of turkeys has been inspired by Samantha Sweet, Alberto Salazar, Kaitlyn Jenner, The Greek Debt Crisis, and Challenge North America.. The final selection of our "trotter" will be made soon.... Keep posted for updates, training blogs, selfies, and the obligatory race report.

Austin Hardy -

Quote Reply
Re: Turkey sets World Record - Race review - PICTURES [Aust1227] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
do we have Garmin data on that turkey trotter...or pictures...does the bird have a giblet trucker hat?

"one eye doubles my eyesight, so things don't look half bad" John Hiatt
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Did he race with his brother's bib winning the AG? Can anybody confirm this using the finish pics?

Pain is temporary.
Quote Reply
Re: Turkey sets World Record - Race review - PICTURES [joelcox] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
joelcox wrote:
Did he race with his brother's bib winning the AG? Can anybody confirm this using the finish pics?
No pics but had been seen with a gorilla pacing along the course

-shoki
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Turkey, have you considered running for the world record at this year's event with a stroller?
Quote Reply
Re: Turkey sets World Record - Race review - PICTURES [joelcox] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
joelcox wrote:

As you can see from the picture, I raced with two bib numbers. One was in tribute to all the fallen turkeys that could not race..

Austin Hardy -

Quote Reply
Re: Turkey sets World Record - Race review - PICTURES [Ellsworth53T] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ellsworth53T wrote:
Turkey, have you considered running for the world record at this year's event with a stroller?

Look man, I don't know who the hell you think you are, but strollers are strictly prohibited at ALL TURKEY TROTS NATIONWIDE!!

Thankfully, I will be in a WAGON.. And WAGONS are not forbidden. I don't know what kind of dude you are, trying to stir up all kinds of controversy.

Austin Hardy -

Quote Reply
Re: Turkey sets World Record - Race review - PICTURES [Big Turkey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
NEED ADVICE!!

Since last year, I received my "PRO TURKEY" card.

But this years YMCA Turkey trot does not have a pro field.. Should I race? What if I win? What if I get a sponsors exemption?!?

HELP SLOWTWITCH.

Austin Hardy -

Quote Reply
Re: Turkey sets World Record - Race review - PICTURES [Big Turkey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Big Turkey wrote:
NEED ADVICE!!

Since last year, I received my "PRO TURKEY" card.

But this years YMCA Turkey trot does not have a pro field.. Should I race? What if I win? What if I get a sponsors exemption?!?

HELP SLOWTWITCH.

Ask Thomas Gerlach.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Need a pic of you actually crossing the finish line or Lets Run will start a witch hunt to see if you finished the whole race.....

Good luck this year, don't forget to start a weather forecast freakout thread prior to Thanksgiving! ; )

EDIT to add: your giblets are too low

"You can never win or lose if you don't run the race." - Richard Butler

Last edited by: Brian in MA: Nov 6, 15 6:12
Quote Reply
Re: Turkey sets World Record - Race review - PICTURES [Brian in MA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Brian in MA wrote:
Need a pic of you actually crossing the finish line or Lets Run will start a witch hunt to see if you finished the whole race.....

Good luck this year, don't forget to start a weather forecast freakout thread prior to Thanksgiving! ; )

EDIT to add: your giblets are too low

FINISH LINE? Your Talking about FINISH LINE? I avoided the guillotine and you want to talk about FINISH LINE?

W/ Regard to giblets. The giblets are a culinary term used for my edible innards (heart, kidney, liver, neck, and sometimes includes the gizzard). In my case they are all still pleasantly in place!

I apologize for being so snarky and belligerent this morning, but it is a hard month for turkeys! Just today my people are taking out ads to sell my family!
http://orlando.craigslist.org/grd/5303055682.html

Austin Hardy -

Last edited by: Big Turkey: Nov 6, 15 7:30
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
5k was last years news. How about a beer mile ?

"I think I've cracked the code. double letters are cheaters except for perfect squares (a, d, i, p and y). So Leddy isn't a cheater... "
Quote Reply