Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Can you use a SRAM 11speed RD with SRAM 10sp shifters?
Quote | Reply
Thought I would consult the masses, have googled it without much luck.
Parts are both Force

Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: Can you use a SRAM 11speed RD with SRAM 10sp shifters? [grayskinner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am doing it temporarily on my road bike to use a medium cage RD. Seems to work without problem after a few weeks of riding with it. From what I was able to google, the motion ratio is the same, it just has slightly longer travel that I am not using.
Quote Reply
Re: Can you use a SRAM 11speed RD with SRAM 10sp shifters? [grayskinner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, and you can do it the other way too. If you have 11-speed SRAM shifters, a 10-speed front/rear derailleur will work.
Quote Reply
Re: Can you use a SRAM 11speed RD with SRAM 10sp shifters? [nightfend] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
thanks for the responses! no issue on chain width?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The eleven speed RDs have narrower cage spacing so 10sp chain is not ideal but it will still work pretty well.
Quote Reply
Re: Can you use a SRAM 11speed RD with SRAM 10sp shifters? [MVM] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
but if you were to use 11 spd shifters on a 10 spd cage it would work the same?

Michael Hebert
Hebertmike.com
Supported by: EnduroPacks | TrainerRoad | Asylum Cycles
I support: Team RWB
Quote Reply
Re: Can you use a SRAM 11speed RD with SRAM 10sp shifters? [hebert.mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've never put an 11sp chain in a 10sp rd but the cage would be wider of course and I'd expect some very subtle issues. The 10sp RDs do not all have the same travel range as the 11sp rds so that could get you in trouble depending on the relative positions of the dropout and cassette.
Quote Reply