Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

This is why I train all year round
Quote | Reply
There is nothing better in life than family.

I am so blessed to have an angel for a wife, 2 beautiful daughters, 2 great son in laws, 3 grandkids, and the health
to be able to try and do things with my grandkids to avoid the obesity epidemic.
I raced with my Grandkids at the Davis Turkey trot 5k and 10K races on Saturday. Nothing in life is better than this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHBBt9B44wQ

Dave Campbell | Facebook | @DaveECampbell | h2ofun@h2ofun.net

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Lions don't lose sleep worrying about the sheep
Last edited by: h2ofun: Nov 24, 14 18:14
Quote Reply
Re: This is why I train all year round [h2ofun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nicely done Dave. One of my favorite songs. Our unit made a video with this song when we returned from our deployment to Saudia/Kuwait back in '91. Great stuff. Thanks for sharing.

Mike Ricci
2017 USAT World Team Coach
USAT National Coach of the Year
Coaching Triathletes since 1992.
Quote Reply
Re: This is why I train all year round [Mike Ricci] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mike Ricci wrote:
Nicely done Dave. One of my favorite songs. Our unit made a video with this song when we returned from our deployment to Saudia/Kuwait back in '91. Great stuff. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks. I agree, love the song.

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Love the frontdoor brag. Do you train with a stroller, or are you just a stroller natural?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That's what it's all about. Glad to hear you had a great time!

What was your T1 time?
Quote Reply
Re: This is why I train all year round [TunaBoo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TunaBoo wrote:
Love the frontdoor brag. Do you train with a stroller, or are you just a stroller natural?

No training with a stroller. Just use it on races with the grandkids.

It is interesting that more folks do not do this. It is much better exercise than just running along.
But the family bonding is priceless! Hoping to take my 4 year old granddaughter on thanksgiving to
a 5K race where we will "race" together. Mostly walking. This is what staying healthy is all about!!!!

Quote Reply
Re: This is why I train all year round [Staz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Staz wrote:
That's what it's all about. Glad to hear you had a great time!

What was your T1 time?

I had 4 minutes between races to get the 6 month old out, put the 4 year old in, and get to the starting line. Focus, focus, focus.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Next up: teach the kiddos to push the wheels ala wheelchair racers. Bet you can hit 15 even.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yes, getting the kids and grandkids out is GREAT. I do Team Triathlons with my sons. One only rides but the other one does Triathlons so depending upon the course he and I swap the run and swim. Sometimes we do the same race while the "rider" is there to cheer us on.

This weekend I'm doing a 10Km. 3 daughters (out of 4) and my wife are doing the 5Km walk (they are not runners at all). But, we are all getting out and that's the important thing. I'll see them at the start and finish.

BC Don
Pain is temporary, not giving it your all lasts all Winter.
Quote Reply
Re: This is why I train all year round [BCDon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BCDon wrote:
Yes, getting the kids and grandkids out is GREAT. I do Team Triathlons with my sons. One only rides but the other one does Triathlons so depending upon the course he and I swap the run and swim. Sometimes we do the same race while the "rider" is there to cheer us on.

This weekend I'm doing a 10Km. 3 daughters (out of 4) and my wife are doing the 5Km walk (they are not runners at all). But, we are all getting out and that's the important thing. I'll see them at the start and finish.

That is great. 15 years ago when my kids were at home we first started with team relays in the family. Then we got the boyfriends on teams. My wife and kids back then and continue now to help at the races I race at.
I tell folks what I see as so neat about our sport is it can be made into a lifetime family event with some racing, some walking and some helping.

Great way to lead by example. I just commented to the wife tonight it is too bad more parents do not seem to get their kids involved. Do it early and you will not have to fight the video games and them sitting on their butts.

Another reason I love short course races. Cannot get the families involved like this with long course stuff.

Quote Reply