Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Champion Systems Apparel
Quote | Reply
Getting ready to order team kits for the first time from Champion Systems. This will be both tri and bike gear and I am just looking for some feedback on what kits are worth getting spendy and where the lower level models are just as good. I'd appreciate any feedback from those that have used ChampSys stuff before. Looking mainly at tri suit and cycling jersey/bibs.
Quote Reply
Re: Champion Systems Apparel [kstateskier] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My team cycling kit is from Champsys. My old tri suit was as well. My coach switched to Kiwami and I really like it. Check them out. Andre, the owner, is a member of Slowtwitch too

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Last edited by: BryanD: Nov 23, 14 17:16
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
We use champion systems for our team kit.
We have been using them for the last 6 or 7 years. I can't remember.
We usually have 2-4 ordering portals each year.
It takes about 6 weeks for the whole order to be delivered, so if your team wants new kits for the spring, or summer, order accordingly.
Same thing with winter bike gear.
Sizing is pretty on point.
They are a little on the speedy side, but the quality is there.
They customize everything to a tee. That's cool. They even do more custom on top of the custom jobs. I had a 3 put on my shoulder and the logo of my bike shop (different from our actual bike shop sponsor) on the other.

The only complaint I have is trying to get into the portal. It can be a little clunky and frustrating, but once in, all your team gear is right there.
There is an 800 number you can call for customer service and they are very cool.

I hope this helps.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I prefer the Pro bib shorts to the Razor bib shorts.

Not a fan of the knee warmers.

Big fan of the Tech Jacket and Polo if you're doing the casual stuff.
Quote Reply
Re: Champion Systems Apparel [Karl.n] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks Karl.n. That is what I was looking for. We have already approved final prints and are ready to go, just looking for what preference everyone has on the gear they have available. Deciding between the Classic and the Link try suit.

What do you like better about the Pro Bib Shorts over the Razor?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
kstateskier wrote:
Thanks Karl.n. That is what I was looking for. We have already approved final prints and are ready to go, just looking for what preference everyone has on the gear they have available. Deciding between the Classic and the Link try suit.

What do you like better about the Pro Bib Shorts over the Razor?

They were both fine shorts. I found the Pros to fit with a bit more versatility. The razors do away with a traditional hem at the bottom and the lyrca comes to an abrupt end. The pros are traditional bib shorts.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
kstateskier wrote:

The Classic suit and the Performance tops are pretty rubbish - basic, thick lycra and mediocre fits. Since it's not a huge surcharge (over the Performance suits), it's worth upgrading to the Apex - the fabrics on those are just amazing. Better than naked! The Apex running shirts and tanks are also very neat, but the plain running tank is decent enough.

As for cycling, the basic bibs are, well, a bit basic but the Pro and Razor are very nice. The gripper on the basic and Edge models is a bit scratchy and outdated, and the basic model's lycra is a bit thick and not the most breathable. Pad is decent across the board.
On the jerseys, most of them are pretty damn good. I personally love my summer jersey ("Helium" fabric?) - just note that it's not 100% UV proof, I have a bit of a bib-strap tan going after a long summer. But it fits well, good tight sleeves and proven durable and comfortable even in desert heat. The Air Pro is also very nice - definitely higher-end and some very nice features, but the sleeves are a bit more loose on my skinny arms. A few teammates have the Carbon jerseys and they look very good, too - longer sleeves with a nice gripper.

As for protectives, in bad weather I'm a vest-and-sleeves kind of guy and the basic wind vest does a good job (it also matches the kit visually very well) but the wind jacket tends to blow up like a balloon. Haven't tried the rest of their protectives because I don't use them enough to justify a team version of a garment I already have.

ZONE3 - We Last Longer
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My experience:

tri top (performance line??) - possibly the worst piece of athletic clothing I've ever bought, thick and not breathable (basically like wearing a plastic bag). Fit was not good either, very short.

ss and ls bike jersey (tech) - pretty decent jersey, I got the euro/race cut in the ss. Fits well and no complaints really, not the nicest jersey but it's good enough for me. My ls is a club cut and I hate it, arms are too short and it was made for someone with a pretty large gut.

running singlet - similar to the tri top, too thick and short

socks - pretty poor quality and they run huge

FWIW, I'm a bit on the lanky side (6', 145-150, longish arms/legs, short torso)
Last edited by: stickboy1125: Nov 24, 14 8:49
Quote Reply
Re: Champion Systems Apparel [tessartype] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fantastic info, just what I was looking for! Thank you to everyone for the help.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
FWIW, I got a few pieces through Sufferfest. I don't really use most of them except the arm warmers, they fit well.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think now that Wattie Ink has their factory up and running and is producing probably the highest quality kits on the market, it would be a good idea to contact them for your custom needs. I would definitely suggest getting a single kit of theirs and previewing it. You'll be blown away. Not cheap but you definitely get what you pay for.

-------------------------------
I'm faster in Kilometers!
Wattie Ink Triathlon Team