Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Ultimate dream MANCAVE... which trainer (cycling) software would you get? [Fred D] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fred D wrote:
Will be using at a 65" flatscreen (or maybe curved screen) UHDTV.
I found that placing a 32" or such cheapo LCD close and low gave me less strain on the neck. The screen is tilted ab. 45º (against a brick, …) and the FOV is about the same as for a further away 60"+ screen.
Fred D wrote:
I don't have a PC (Mac), but am considering a cheap PC laptop to run the operation here if need be.
VMware Fusion or Parallels would probably work as well.
Quote Reply
Re: Ultimate dream MANCAVE... which trainer (cycling) software would you get? [Travis R] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Travis R wrote:
Yep, it works nicely with Sufferfest. Here's a picture of it with two TVs - one for the video, and the other for the data:

Sorry, the picture is a little small. In this case, it is set up with two riders. The data screen can be laid out however you like. It's a pretty powerful software tool, and PerfPRO Analyzer allows you to generate e-mailed reports after your workout is done with a ton of good data. Besides the entertainment value that Sufferfest provides, you'll have really good data available to you for effective training. As an added bonus, Drew at PerfPRO is super helpful. Although, Nate and the crew at TrainerRoad, and Max at Maximum Trainer are also very helpful.

As a side note, the left monitor is attached via HDMI, and the right monitor is using a Microsoft wireless display adapter. This allows you to treat all the monitors/TVs as an extended desktop and set the correct resolution for each screen. That then allows you to put the software/video on the screen you want, although I would recommend connecting the video TV with HDMI rather than wireless. The wireless has a bit of a delay that can be noticeable.

I'm no computer wiz that is for sure. How do you get the video on one monitor and the Dara on the other?...I have a lap top and use perf pro. I would love to have only video on a big monitor and the data on the laptop monitor.
Quote Reply
Re: Ultimate dream MANCAVE... which trainer (cycling) software would you get? [uucee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the great suggestions folks!

I looked at PCs and laptops. It sounds like the issue is that I would need 8mb RAM and a good video card to run the Veloreality and other video software? I was hoping a very cheap PC would work, but it looks like if I have to go with 8mb RAM, then it's about $700...

I have debated just adding the Parallels to my Mac, but have heard that it doesn't run as fast or smoothly?

I really like the PerfPro software, definitely want that!

Founder of THE TRIATHLON COLLECTIVE (Closed Facebook Group). A SBR discussion group without the white noise/trolling!
Quote Reply
Re: Ultimate dream MANCAVE... which trainer (cycling) software would you get? [Croptop] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Croptop wrote:
Fred D wrote:
I don't have a PC, but the options that I like the most are all Windows based, so I think I need to buy a PC laptop.

Not necessarily. There are quite a few people who use PerfPro on their Macs either via a Bootcamp partition or by using Parallels (virtualisation software). But if you think you're going to try all of the different packages that have been recommended then perhaps a true Windows machine might be a better option.

This is where I am struggling. I was hoping a very cheap PC would be an option, but they aren't as cheap as I remember...

I like PerfPro, sufferfest and Veloreality. Honestly I think I need to just bite the bullet and get a PC. 8mb RAM?

Founder of THE TRIATHLON COLLECTIVE (Closed Facebook Group). A SBR discussion group without the white noise/trolling!
Quote Reply
Re: Ultimate dream MANCAVE... which trainer (cycling) software would you get? [Fred D] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, at least 8mb ram, and it's cheap, too. But I'd really urge you to get a good video card with dedicated ram (at least 1mb, preferably 2mb). If you're going to run RacerMate One or any of the legacy CompuTrainer software, the video card will really pay off in terms of computer resources. PerfPRO Studio, on the other hand, runs quite nicely on even weaker PCs.

I've been really happy with Dell computers from their outlet website. Just Google Dell Outlet and you'll find their site. Read carefully, as some of their outlet deals are lease returns and can have a bit unusual configurations.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Fred D wrote:
I like PerfPro, sufferfest and Veloreality. Honestly I think I need to just bite the bullet and get a PC. 8mb RAM?

8 GB of RAM, not 8 MB. (I'm not even sure if you can buy RAM in MB anymore. But 8 GB would be plenty.

===
"I eased off a bit. It never feels like you are easing off. More like you just stake out your place in the pain cave and sit there rather than venturing deeper inside..." -- Rappstar
Quote Reply
Re: Ultimate dream MANCAVE... which trainer (cycling) software would you get? [kostya416] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I installed Veloreality today. Very simple to use. Well done !!

I looked at the training capability and how to create a workout. It's as good as any of the wizards I have seen

Is there a way to import and erg or mrc file ? Is there a way to play it while riding to a video ?

thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Ultimate dream MANCAVE... which trainer (cycling) software would you get? [marcag] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes we will be adding integration with ErgoDB (huge online workout library) and the ability to use workouts over the video, same with export/import.
Quote Reply

Prev Next