Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: How well do the Jaybird Bluebuds hold up?? [gdc222] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I had a pair for a year with no complaints. That pair finally stopped working so had to get a warranty replacement. When the warranty replacement came it never even turned on. I then had to get another warranty replacement, which lasted for about a month and is now in my bag broken. Now I have to call them up again for the 4th one. I think it may be time to start searching for a good backup.
Quote Reply
Re: How well do the Jaybird Bluebuds hold up?? [dbikelink] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My pair lasted about nine months before they inexplicably stopped working, it was a particularly rough trainer session in a hot room, so I suppose the sweat killed them. I've run a half marathon with them in an incredible downpour, and lots of other sweaty sessions, so not sure why that one killed the set. That being said, I went to the website and started an online chat with a representative, I had a new pair on the way in ten minutes, and they gave me free expedited shipping since I had a road race coming up that weekend. Process couldn't have been simpler. All they asked was that I send them a picture of them intact, and then a picture of them with the cord cut - few minutes later I had an order confirmation. Easily the best customer service experience I've had.

They are excellent headphones, and stay put through any workout, especially if you use the tighter configuration behind your head. I use them day to day for my work headset, as well - voice/call quality is better than anything else I've tried.
Quote Reply
Re: How well do the Jaybird Bluebuds hold up?? [VGT] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
thanks for the replies.

I wonder if it's better to buy them at a place like best buy and just buy an extended warranty or something on it. Seems like a hassle to keep sending out for new ones everytime it fails. Probably easier to just go to the store and pick up some new ones.

Also, where is the mic on located? Someone mentioned that sweat going into it might be a source of problems. Since I wouldn't be using the mic anyway, couldn't it just be sealed up somehow to prevent sweat intrusion?
Quote Reply
Re: How well do the Jaybird Bluebuds hold up?? [sslothrop] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have the Jaybird Bluebuds. Structurally, they are holding up well. Now for the bad part. I personally think they are poorly designed. The winglets never stay on as they did not build the ring that holds them on big enough. Also, plan on replacing the tips that go into your ears as they fall off and are easily lost. I have had to buy replacement winglets and tips. If I had a choice, I would not buy these again and would look at other options.
Quote Reply
Re: How well do the Jaybird Bluebuds hold up?? [idscooter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Anybody know how to find bigger silicone eartips than the ones that come with it? Even with the largest ones, they still fall out of my ears too often.

----------------------------------------------------------
Zen and the Art of Triathlon. Strava Workout Log
Interviews with Chris McCormack, Helle Frederikson, Angela Naeth, and many more.
http://www.zentriathlon.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Been using mine for almost two years, lots of cold and hot runs and plenty of time on the trainer. I have never had an issue with them.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a pair that I've used 2-3 times. Originally bought them thinking they'd work with my AppleTV (the don't), used them with my iPad a couple of times but went back to a wired headphone plugged into the TV.

They worked great but I don't use them and I'd let them go if you want. DM me.

Rodney
TrainingPeaks | Altra Running | RAD Roller
http://www.goinglong.ca
Quote Reply
Re: How well do the Jaybird Bluebuds hold up?? [rbuike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Might as well get good pair of IEM's or not listen at all. With these, if the cable goes bad, you can replace it.

http://www.westoneaudio.com/...ies/westone-w60.html
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I bought mine at Best Buy. I've taken them back to Best Buy 3 times now to be replaced. When they work, they are great. One time they just wouldn't turn on anymore after about 2 weeks. Twice they wouldn't charge at all after about 3 weeks. The call function is awesome, when someone calls and you are on the bike its easy to talk. It also feels great to ride and run with no cord swinging around or down your shirt. Besides having to have them replaced 3 times, the only bad thing is that they cut out all outside noise so riding is dangerous due to not being able to hear anything around you.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In terms of Jaybird, I have had the freedom model for over three years and it is still going strong, and I sweat a lot. Prior to jaybird I went through several other brands which got destroyed quickly from sweat. So, Jaybird definitely solved the sweat issue, backed up with a life time warranty for sweat. In terms of the bluebuds, I bought them, loved the sound and the extended battery life but the darn thing just wouldn't stay in my ears so I returned them and kept using my freedoms.
Quote Reply
Re: How well do the Jaybird Bluebuds hold up?? [avikoren1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm also one that prefers the Freedoms over the Bluebuds. The earhook attachment you can get for the Freedoms (none for Bluebuds) allows it to stay more securely for me. I like everything else better on the Bluebuds, but they unfortunately keep falling out of my ears so I'm back to Freedoms.
Quote Reply
Re: How well do the Jaybird Bluebuds hold up?? [fitzkickjr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I ended up getting a pair at best buy. Bought the 2yr protection plan also.

The tips are giving me problems when I wear them with a beanie while running. Specifically, the compression of the beanie against the earbuds and ear causes the tips to press up against the ear too much and blocks any sound from coming through. I'm looking into comply tips (not sure if the active on or the t-500 will be better suited). Does anyone have a solution for this problem? I'm wearing them over the ear without the wing tips.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tried Jaybird Bluebuds and found that they don't last so well, plus not so comfortable and fall out. they look cool though and sound pretty good. using a sonxtronic xdr-8000 now. cheap, comfortable, no problems. jaybird might sound a little better than sonxtronic
Quote Reply
Re: How well do the Jaybird Bluebuds hold up?? [idscooter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
idscooter wrote:
I have the Jaybird Bluebuds. Structurally, they are holding up well. Now for the bad part. I personally think they are poorly designed. The winglets never stay on as they did not build the ring that holds them on big enough. Also, plan on replacing the tips that go into your ears as they fall off and are easily lost. I have had to buy replacement winglets and tips. If I had a choice, I would not buy these again and would look at other options.

+1 on the tips coming off easily. There have been a couple times where I took the headphones off and the tip stayed in my ear.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
gdc222 wrote:
Thinking about getting pair but not sure how well the battery and earbuds will hold up under sweaty humid conditions in the summer. I understand that there is a lifetime guarantee to be sweatproof but reading the fine print, Jaybird's definition of lifetime is 2 years (which is the expected life expectancy of the battery). Since the battery is not replaceable, 2 years is then the expected lifetime of the project. I'm interpreting this to mean that after 2 years of constant regular use, the battery will no longer hold a decent charge. Anyone have any experience with this? $130-150 for some nice headphones will see way overpriced if you only expect to have it around for 2 years.

My pair just died. Didn't start going bad. Just plain went bad. Literally 2 years to the day of my original purchase. /tinfoil hat
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I got mine around Christmas and found them pretty darn difficult to fit and I'm not sure I've solved the ear bud/wing puzzle yet (I think I need smaller tips than what's shipped with it). After some trial and error I concluded they had to go over the ear and the wire has to be as short as possible otherwise if the collar of my shirt hits it, they come out (it's cold out and I was going running in a zip up turtle-neck running top). Also, my pony tail bouncing knocked them out so I use a small hair clip to secure the wire to my hair under my pony tail, and that works very well (and is also oh-so-stylish :-) ).

My two remaining complaints - what is with the protective case? 9 times out of 10 I can't get the headphones to fit inside and get the case to close (I keep the USB cord in there so it's handy to recharge), and the magnetic closure is very weak. But my bigger issue - can someone tell me how to turn them off properly? I charge them, use them for maybe 1-2 h, put them away, and then find them dead every next time I go to use them. I'm assuming this is user error. Can those of you using them successfully tell me exactly how you turn your headphones off? Thanks!

To breathe, to feel, to know I'm alive.
Quote Reply
Re: How well do the Jaybird Bluebuds hold up?? [Tsunami] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you hold down the center button for 4-5 seconds, you should hear a voice say "power off"

Same command turns them on again.
Quote Reply
Re: How well do the Jaybird Bluebuds hold up?? [nickvas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
OK, thanks. I'll try that. I've never tried turning them off while wearing them, though have been holding the button down like you suggest (or so I thought anyway).

To breathe, to feel, to know I'm alive.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
just an update, I just got a replacement for the one I bought about 3 months ago. Put it to good use running through winter outdoors with a skull cap. It did after a few treadmill sessions so I'm guessing sweat got into it.

I'm going to try wearing a headband now to help keep the sweat away. But I'm thinking that maybe it's the sweat or moisture that is seeping into the speakers inside the ear. I use comply foam tips which tend to retain more moisture than the rubber tips.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm shocked by the number of people that spend $150 on headphones. I guess I shouldn't be given how many people buy Beats. To each his own, but I recently bought Ironman Yurbuds for $20 and have never been happier.
Quote Reply
Re: How well do the Jaybird Bluebuds hold up?? [mwanner1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I got mine for 100. They replaced a pair for free when they stopped working. Also just not having to deal with a wire is freaking awesome, totally worth it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Got a pair for Christmas, accidentally ran them through the washing machine, still work great. The little clam shell case is useless. They work great. Amazed that I can receive a call and be heard clearly while running and most of the Bluebuds were covered by a snow hat. Buying my wife some for her birthday.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am on my third set of blue buds since last september, and the third pair is sitting on my desk non-functional - they work great until you sweat on them.

I'm on my fourth or fifth pair of the sprints, and they have held up much better - they are OK with being sweat on - only when I ride. If I use them for running - they die.
Quote Reply
Re: How well do the Jaybird Bluebuds hold up?? [Netrepus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have Bluebuds X and love them. No issues at all. I run, bike and lift with them on a weekly basis. Bluetooth is the way to go. No cable to get caught on stuff. I know they are expensive, but I got mine for around $100 on Amazon.

Prev Next