Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: 2013 Cervelo P2 Power Meter [mdub] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi mdub,

many chain rings are both 10 and 11 speed compatible. We carry Praxis Works and Rotor chain rings, for example, both of which work with 10 and 11 speed. The chain ring spacing between the big and the small ring remains the same.

Happy research and choosing!

Best
Nicolas

---
power2max
http://www.power2max.com/northamerica
official power meter of Movistar Team
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I run an Ultgera 6800 11spd crankset with an otherwise 10spd bike (two bikes actually). It hasn't missed, or even hesitated on a shift once it was set up properly.

The other thing to keep in mind is that the left arm of a shimano stages crank can be put on ANY current shimano crank. It doesn't need to be an exact match.
Last edited by: beston: Nov 22, 14 4:57
Quote Reply
Re: 2013 Cervelo P2 Power Meter [power2max] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks Nic! That's what I was hoping to confirm.

My Website || Twitter || Instagram
Quote Reply
Re: 2013 Cervelo P2 Power Meter [beston] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks Beston. I'd heard that about being able to put shaman crank arms on any shim any cranks - thanks for confirming on the shifting too!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yep, the spindle that shimano uses are identical between models. I'm using a Dura Ace 9000 stages left arm with an Ultra 6800 crank.

I've also put the stages crank arm on a 6700, and 5600 crank.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a 2010 P2. I installed a Power2Max 2 years ago with Rotor cranks. I kept the chain rings the same but will probably switch out to Rotor rings next year. Flawless!
Quote Reply
Re: 2013 Cervelo P2 Power Meter [Pett'rifier] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Good to hear! P2M is seeming like my best choice. I think I will do the Rotor crank w/ Praxis rings.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
On my 2007, I just picked up a Quarq Elsa off the classifieds. I couldn't be happier. It's a great unit. I did move my 54T ring over to it, and used my existing bb.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Powertap.
Easy to swap bikes (just change wheels).
Put one is training wheels and race wheels off you go.
If there any issue you still can ride.
Pricing wise, if you shop the pricing is not much different than the crankbased PMs based upon separating the PT and Wheel Cost.

I have 3 PT wheels and I am VERY happy with the service of them.

2017 Cervelo P2
2017 Cervelo S2
itraininla.com
#itraininla
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Went with the Power2Max - FSA Gossamer Classic. I'm really excited about adding this to my training and racing - couldn't pass on the great deal. Thanks for everyone's tips and help on this!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Which did you select?
Quote Reply
Re: 2013 Cervelo P2 Power Meter [winchester] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The FSA Gossamer Classic. I went with the Praxis rings - 52/36.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey, if you don't mind how has this setup worked out for you. I have the exact same bike and am a little overwhelmed with the choices. I was also looking to get a Stages but by the time I replaced the cranks it is around the same price as the power2max.
Quote Reply
Re: 2013 Cervelo P2 Power Meter [millscd63] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've been very pleased with my choice. As mentioned above I went with the Power2Max (FSA Gossamer Classic) with the 52/36 Praxis chain rings.It was very easy to install and fit my BB perfectly.

I'm really glad that I have a crank based PM and I've enjoyed the extra data I've been able to capture getting to see my power balance since it captures each leg, not just the one that you'll get with a Stages. Not to knock that power meter, but P2M definitely gets my vote.

Let me know if you have any specific questions - I'd be happy to lend any advice or experience on selecting a PM for my P2.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Excellent, thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: 2013 Cervelo P2 Power Meter [jackmott] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jackmott wrote:
the stages only measures 1 leg. it is a brand everyone speaks lowly of.

one of these is not like the others

I find it somewhat puzzling that you use a DC Rainmaker graph to talk poorly of the Stages power meter when DC Rainmaker actually does not speak so poorly of the Stages power meter. Granted, his first review was of the Stages power meter was done with pre-release software and at that time he did not like it but he did a follow-up review with release software and he liked it.

In the follow-up review done by DC Rainmaker there are some facts that come to light that can make the Stages power meter easy to live with. It's accurate and will automatically recalibrate during temp changes which not a ll power meters will do.

http://www.dcrainmaker.com/...s-review-update.html

BTW - the mountain ride in the second review was in CA, not on Skyline Drive.

My take on power meters: Do your homework and purchase the meter that best fits you, your budget, and your expected needs - if you feel a meter is needed. To use one well it will make your training more technical which for some people less fun.

There a several brands of power meters that are accurate (some are easier to use than others) and they all do the exact same thing - provide a metric to use during training and racing. Crank based, left side only, hub based, it really doesn't matter which one you pick or why because the net effect is the same. They give you a number.
Quote Reply

Prev Next