Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Quick Wahoo Kckr questions
Quote | Reply
1. I bought the 11 speed cassette wahoo. If I wanted to do some riding w a 10 speed can one simply remove the cassette, pop a ten speed on and be good to go?

2. I'm running Di2 11 speed w some clicking even after adjusting the rear derailer. Would swapping the wahoo (SRAM?) 11 speed cassette for a shimano cassette help?

3. What is the wahoo power calibration kit I've read about? My srm and wahoo are 20 watts off even after multiple spin downs on the wahoo.

Thanks in advance
Last edited by: bluesmachine: Nov 1, 14 5:25
Quote Reply
Re: Quick Wahoo Kckr questions [bluesmachine] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bluesmachine wrote:
1. I bought the 11 speed cassette wahoo. If I wanted to do some riding w a 10 speed can one simply remove the cassette, pop a ten speed on and be good to go?

2. I'm running Di2 11 speed w some clicking even after adjusting the rear derailer. Would swapping the wahoo (SRAM?) 11 speed cassette for a shimano cassette help?

3. What is the wahoo power calibration kit I've read about? My srm and wahoo are 20 watts off even after multiple spin downs on the wahoo.

Thanks in advance

1. - sure, if you have the spacer as well.
2. - assuming horizontal dropouts - check your frame is in straight, assuming vertical dropouts - check your rd hanger is straight
3. - a set of weights etc. that should be able to to get true slope calibration, not just spindown of th weighted flywheel.
Quote Reply
Re: Quick Wahoo Kckr questions [Cape_Horn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cape_Horn wrote:
3. - a set of weights etc. that should be able to to get true slope calibration, not just spindown of th weighted flywheel.

Where to buy?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
bluesmachine wrote:

Thanks in advance

Will be setting up my Wahoo as soon as I type this.

Curious why #3 matters. I had been training with a PT and TR, but my indoor FTP and outdoor FTP were always upwards of 10% difference anyway. I was thinking as long as the kickr is consistent it wouldn't matter. I am thinking about that incorrectly?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
bluesmachine wrote:
If your bike shifts fine off the trainer, but has some chatter on the trainer, then offset the spacing of the freehub body on the Wahoo differs ever so slightly from your rear wheel. We had this issue with our Tacx trainers due to minor differences in the offset of Zipp 303 freehub body on our road wheels and that of the Mavic Aksium wheel used on the trainer. My solution was to use American Classic's 1mm cassette 'shim' on the Mavic freehub which brought the spacing as close as possible.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Quote Reply
Re: Quick Wahoo Kckr questions [TimeIsUp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've got about 5-6 years of data w my SRM and use that outdoors so if I'm going off the wahoo all winter long my FTP might be let's say 270 in March but w the srm it's really 250 and therefore not consistent when I move from the basement to outdoors.

Of course if I know all that I can just do the math and realize and take that into consideration.

It would just be nice to have them close as power is power.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
hey i have the same issue also with the srm and wahoo. let me know if you ever find an answer otherwise I will just do the math and if my FTP goes up use the ratio to assume what it would be outside (and then of course test it next year!!)
can not wait till trainerroad app is out hopefully this week

Follow me on Twitter @CK21TRHC
I use what I love: ISM, Blue70, Trek, FLO
Quote Reply