Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

An amazing Dimond....
Quote | Reply
Not mine but it looks so good I felt obligated to share it ASAP. You can read about it over on ACME Bicycles' Facebook page.

Quote Reply
Re: An amazing Dimond.... [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nice paintjob. Looks like a 3T Funda Fork. Confused about the Tektro in lieu of an Omega after all that.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wow absolutely jaw dropping... best paint scheme I've seen to date.
Quote Reply
Re: An amazing Dimond.... [Jamaican] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's a Campy TT brake (front and rear)
Quote Reply
Re: An amazing Dimond.... [TriBy3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TriBy3 wrote:
It's a Campy TT brake (front and rear)

You're right. The Campy version doesn't have the text on the front, & comes with nicer Shoes/Pads.

Either way, stunning ride. Should turn a few heads.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That is sharp.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That is absolutely gorgeous.

Long Chile was a silly place.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
WOW. I love the brighter colors that shows off the beam better. Man do I want one of these.....do they tear down for a bike case?
Quote Reply
Re: An amazing Dimond.... [johnnybefit] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They break down surprisingly easily actually. The black bolt at the joint of the two beams comes out and you're good to go.

As for the paint, Kevin Brooks of Brooks Airbrush Studios did the work on Jonathan's Dimond, as well as a number of our team helmets. His work, in my opinion, is second to none.

I'll let Jonathan know everyone is drooling over this and direct him to this thread- I'm sure he'd be happy to answer any questions.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Stunning. Great paint scheme. Congrats to the owner!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TriBy3 wrote:
They break down surprisingly easily actually. The black bolt at the joint of the two beams comes out and you're good to go.

As for the paint, Kevin Brooks of Brooks Airbrush Studios did the work on Jonathan's Dimond, as well as a number of our team helmets. His work, in my opinion, is second to none.

I'll let Jonathan know everyone is drooling over this and direct him to this thread- I'm sure he'd be happy to answer any questions.

I did not know that about the break down. That could be the feature that sells me on one of these.

Kevin did my helmet :) I'll post a pic tomorrow. He does amazing work.
Quote Reply
Re: An amazing Dimond.... [Jamaican] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yep, it's a campy TT brake. I replaced the shoes with those from an old set of dura ace calipers I had lying around mainly so I could run profiles brake pads which are amazing with these wheels. PD doesn't make a set of campy specific pads so I thought this was the best compromise.

For whatever reason, not a fan of the omegas.

Jonathan Blyer,
ACME Bicycle Co., Brooklyn, NY
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
what's a paint job like that cost?

I just got my Dimond frameset and now that i saw that i might just getting painted before i start the build up...Thx
Quote Reply
Re: An amazing Dimond.... [jonblyer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What cable hangers are you using, especially for the rear brake, thx
Quote Reply
Re: An amazing Dimond.... [lmar77] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Don't quote me on it, but I believe something relatively simple like the tri color scheme on Jonathan's bike was somewhere in the neighborhood of $800-$1,000. Follow Kevin Brooks and/or Brooks Airbrush Studios on Facebook. He's very responsive and very fair with his pricing. He did a pink Shiv for one of our clients that turned out beautifully, and I believe the entire job was just $800. Obviously a crazy scheme probably brings a crazy price, but the man can seemingly do anything.

Forgive the seemingly shameless plug (I don't have the pic on my computer), but if you follow TriBy3 on Facebook you'll see a couple pics of helmets and the Shiv Kevin did for us.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Grrrr. Woof! Woof! Pant. Pant. Pant. Slobber.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ohhhh...me likey. I never really liked the looks of Softrides or some of the other beam bikes, but to me Dimond is just downright sexy.

Spot

Quote | Reply
I used some fairly generic parts for the front and I custom made something for the rear. I wouldn't recommend this but once I started the project I wanted to finish it.

Jonathan Blyer,
Quote Reply
Re: An amazing Dimond.... [lmar77] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It cost about $800 if I recall correctly.

Jonathan Blyer,
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Why are the basebars upturned? I would think having them level would be an aero advantage.

GreenPlease wrote:
Not mine but it looks so good I felt obligated to share it ASAP. You can read about it over on ACME Bicycles' Facebook page.

-------------------
Madison photographer Timothy Hughes | Instagram
Quote Reply
Re: An amazing Dimond.... [Timtek] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Couldn't tell you. I always run mine flat (not that I have a choice... Speed Concept). I would agree that it would be an aero penalty to have them upturned.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That is simply awesome.
Quote Reply
Re: An amazing Dimond.... [Timtek] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The aero bars aren't independently tilt adjustable from the base bar, is set it up like this initially because I find it more comfortable. I'm not worried about a slight aero penalty if this proves more comfortable but I will be trying them a bit more level.

Jonathan Blyer,
Quote Reply
Re: An amazing Dimond.... [jonblyer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ah, that explains it. Beautiful bike by the way.

-------------------
Madison photographer Timothy Hughes | Instagram
Quote Reply