Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: IMFL 2014 Finisher Medal [Reactions] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Last year's medal (sorry about the orientation - I can't figure out how to rotate it).

p.s. - Go Lionel!!
Quote Reply
Re: IMFL 2014 Finisher Medal [stallion] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My goodness. That is one ugly medal.

After all they are going through today, and that is what they get? Last year's medal was classy and stylish, something I'd be proud to frame.

I'd be almost embarrassed to wear that one to work.

---------------------

"Whether you believe you can or you can't, you are right."
Quote Reply
Re: IMFL 2014 Finisher Medal [AlwaysCurious] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
AlwaysCurious wrote:
It looks like they've fixed them.

FTW

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

I modified this for BrianPBN. Good to see triathlon snobbery is still alive and well at the Jersey Shore.

Quote | Reply
They had a belt buckle at the ironman store that looked much better. Just hand it from the lanyard. I raced today as well. Congrats:: medal may be the worst ever.

Please forgive typo's and poor grammer. Most posting performed on my not so smart phone.
Quote Reply
Re: IMFL 2014 Finisher Medal [3X-VO2-LT-FTP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
3X-VO2-LT-FTP wrote:
They had a belt buckle at the ironman store that looked much better. Just hand it from the lanyard. I raced today as well. Congrats:: medal may be the worst ever.
Bingo, that's the business trick: make the 'free' medal so ugly that people will go and buy a nice one ;)

Francois-Xavier Li @FrancoisLi
"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." George Bernard Shaw
http://www.swimrunfrance.fr
http://www.worldofswimrun.com
Quote Reply
Re: IMFL 2014 Finisher Medal [NeverEnough] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
NeverEnough wrote:
That medal is horrible. So are the black posters they are giving out when you check in for the race.

The poster shouted "We are out of ideas!" I don't have room for IM posters and never take them although it has pained me at times. I didn't mind leaving this one behind at all. The medal is pretty cheesy, but is now in the same place of honor as the others--a shoebox under the bed. I froze my ass off and it will always be memorable for that alone. I was thinking the announcers should have yelled..."YOU ARE A POPSICKLEMAN" as you finished.
Quote Reply
Re: IMFL 2014 Finisher Medal [HuffNPuff] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
After race like that you end up with a dollar store prize!
Quote Reply
Re: IMFL 2014 Finisher Medal [HuffNPuff] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
HuffNPuff wrote:
NeverEnough wrote:
That medal is horrible. So are the black posters they are giving out when you check in for the race.
I was thinking the announcers should have yelled..."YOU ARE A POPSICKLEMAN" as you finished.

Hah I did a real "LOL"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
sweet tattoo design bro !!!

Quote Reply
Re: IMFL 2014 Finisher Medal [ian moone] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My friend and I were in an elevator Friday when someone asked if we had seen the medal yet. He showed us a picture on his phone and we all started laughing.
We thought it was someone's idea of a joke. Imagine our surprise at the finish line.
It looks like WTC purchased refrigerator magnets from Stuckey's.
One man's refrigerator magnet is another man's IMFL medal.
Quote Reply
Re: IMFL 2014 Finisher Medal [Rocking Rob] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
and people still pay $700 to race a M dot event
Quote Reply
Re: IMFL 2014 Finisher Medal [ian moone] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Someone mentioned the shirts. Men got black, women got bright f-ing highlighter yellow. What the hell? Just print the same color shirt in men's and women's sizes. At least a black shirt is nondescript enough to wear occasionally.
Quote Reply
Re: IMFL 2014 Finisher Medal [jl2732] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jl2732 wrote:
Someone mentioned the shirts. Men got black, women got bright f-ing highlighter yellow. What the hell? Just print the same color shirt in men's and women's sizes. At least a black shirt is nondescript enough to wear occasionally.

There is something about IMFL and ugly finisher stuff.

I think this is the only time my 2002 finisher shirt was ever worn, just too tacky and ugly.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Re: IMFL 2014 Finisher Medal [j p o] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
j p o wrote:
jl2732 wrote:

There is something about IMFL and ugly finisher stuff.

I think this is the only time my 2002 finisher shirt was ever worn, just too tacky and ugly.

Well, at least your dog seems to like it:)

"Anyone can be who they want to be IF they have the HUNGER and the DRIVE."
Quote Reply

Prev Next