Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Another Kona blog
Quote | Reply
I started writing about my trip to Kona and just kept writing. This is part 1, which covers up to the start of the race. More of a summary of my experience than a typical race report. Written for a "general audience," meaning my family mostly...

Here it is: Kona 2014, part 1

Last edited by: noahman: Oct 29, 14 14:52
Quote Reply
Re: Another Kona blog [noahman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
First thing I noticed when opening your blog is that we were neighbors. You were staying at Kona Makai and were just across the way from us. Our condo was on the top floor 1 or 2 units off to the right in your picture.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Good read! I like your story. Looking forward to reading the rest.
Quote Reply
Re: Another Kona blog [logella] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
logella wrote:
First thing I noticed when opening your blog is that we were neighbors. You were staying at Kona Makai and were just across the way from us. Our condo was on the top floor 1 or 2 units off to the right in your picture.

That's crazy-- I probably saw you out on the lanai sometime.
Kona Makai was a good place to stay during race week. A friend of mine who works for Trek stays there every year (and services a lot of bikes out of his condo.)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
We stayed there last year and liked it so much that we went back. If I'm ever lucky enough to race it again you can be sure that it's the first place we'll look. For us it's the perfect balance of bring in town but not too close to be crazy.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Btw, were you the guy who started each morning on the lanai in your bikini brief underwear? Yeah, that was happening in one of the units near you.
Quote Reply
Re: Another Kona blog [logella] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
logella wrote:
Btw, were you the guy who started each morning on the lanai in your bikini brief underwear? Yeah, that was happening in one of the units near you.

No, that was not me. Didn't see that, thankfully.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just in time for Thanksgiving, part two of my Kona saga, the swim and bike. I never intended it to be a trilogy, but once I start writing it's hard to stop. This part could be called "The Wind Strikes Back".

http://www.ssc.wisc.edu/~nwilliam/Kona2014_pt2
Quote Reply